Take the next step in your career and become a computing and IT specialist.
This specialist Level 9 Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Computing aims to equip students with the necessary skills to pursue an active and leading role in a dynamic, evolving industry.
Why Study Computing at Griffith College?
Designed specifically to address a growing need in the industry, the Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Computing at Griffith College is a 1-1.5 year programme which aims to give students an insight into the world of academic and industrial computing research. Delivered on a full and part-time basis, as a graduate of this course, you will:
- Obtain specialist knowledge and skills essential for a career in computing or IT.
- Establish an analytical mindset necessary for independent academic and professional research.
- Gain a practical understanding of how to research and master technical issues, analyse and present your findings coherently, and document your work in a professional manner.
- Develop a team player attitude necessary to communicate problems, ideas and solutions to all levels of the industrial team.
- Build upon your knowledge of supporting topics in the many disciplines of computing.
- Fantastic job prospects with a 100% employment record from a sample of 35 graduates from our class of 2017
No final dissertation required
Small class sizes
Access to state of the art facilities
A dedicated experienced lecturing team
Industry guest speakers
Telecommunication and Network Services
Computer Networks & Internetworking
Information Retrieval and Web Search
Agile Software Development
Cloud Platforms & Applications
Parallel & Distributed Programming
Applicants should hold an undergraduate honours degree 2:2 or above in computing or related area. Alternatively, applicants with a 2:2 Higher Diploma in Science in Computing or related area are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computing, please submit an online application.
A member of our admissions team will then be in contact with you to request to following documents:
- A copy of your undergraduate degree transcripts
- A copy of your passport or driving licence
In response to the worldwide closure of English Language Test Centres arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, Griffith College is now accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency. This is a temporary measure for our intakes up to and including February 2022.
1 year full-time, 1.5 years part-time.
This course has been created in consultation with leading industry partners. At Griffith College, we aim to be flexible to suit your personal and professional needs. Our part-time programme is usually delivered over three or four semesters.
We run two intakes for this course, commencing in Spring and Autumn.
Post Course Info
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Computing course have the option to continue their studies in Griffith College have the option of progressing to the MSc in Computing
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Computing will find opportunities as technical applications developers and consultants, systems analysts, database administrators, network managers and other leading computing science roles, in academia and also in industry research and development roles.