Computing for Educators
Is this course for me?
This unique course allows educators to engage with material that will provide them with confidence and technical skills to deliver ICT in schools for the 21st Century. The certificates have been carefully crafted to ensure that educators will be given opportunity to gain proficiency and to derive tangible elements for their own classrooms.
Each certificate is worth 10 ECT credits and is at level 8. Educators can take as many or as few of the certificates are they wish but completing 6 certificates will enable the participant to convert their 60 credits into a Higher Diploma in Computing for Educators.
• Modules can be completed as Certificate courses
• Certificates can be combined as final award
• Programme offered in other locations in Ireland
• Designed for flexible upskilling, in-line with Teaching Council criteria.
Minimum Entry Requirements
A full level-8 qualification or equivalent or B.Ed. Preference will be given to professionals working in the education sector.
What will I study
• Digital Citizenship (M)
• Computer Systems (M)
• Coding with Syntax (M)
• Coding Principles (M)
• Database Technology (E)
• Mobile Applications Development (E)
• Web Development & HCI (E)
• Robotics for the Classroom (E)
• Data Science (E)
(M) Mandatory, (E) = Elective
Choose two elective options.
1 year, full-time
Up to 3 years, part-time