Digital Marketing Institute
Who is the DMI MASTER for?
• Experienced marketeers and business leaders who are ready to rise up and take their place among the industry's top digital people.
• Experts who want to become expert's experts. Who want to become true authorities in their field.
• Leading practitioners who know their worth and want to communicate it to the world with a Masters degree.
• Top players who have a genuine passion for the extraordinary, unprecedented capabilities and reach of digital marketing. Who realise that here is the true edge of new, and its an incredible place to be.
Why choose DMI MASTER?
To explore the full potential of the discipline. To test limits – of tech, of current thinking. To gain a deep understanding of what's possible today and tomorrow. Becoming a Master means becoming a fluent player of the game, yet also stepping up to lead. To take the game to a new place, to feed into the bigger conversation and drive the culture forward. To do important work that may speak to millions.
How will I learn
We live our promise of new and relevant. 'No point learning new stuff in tired old formats' - our clever new Learning Platform is what they talk about when they talk about immersive. The user experience is smooth,
seamless and all about you. Let it make you smart and happy on desktop, mobile or tablet.
Here's how the latest version walks the talk on new:
• Short courses called DMI SPRINTS (Analytics, Content Marketing, GDPR, UX Essentials, CX Essentials, Graphic Design). They're called sprints because this is efficient learning that takes you where you want to go - fast
• Up to 60% more learning interactions
• Bite-sized lessons (10-20 minutes)
But that's not all. We have also created a 360 degree learning environment for you, which we call MYDMI.
What will I learn?
• Use the latest techniques and tools to build extraordinary brands that shapeshift across platforms while speaking their truth with clarity and conviction.
• Where the industry is at – the world's current best thinking and practice – and where it's going. Macro-trends. What the very top people are doing. Where the tech is likely to take us next. Where the opportunities are.
• What the industry thinks, wants and needs. See this course as an open, responsive and dynamic conversation with the industry itself
• Everything you need to create effective, change-making campaigns and more
• What leadership means in an industry at the very edge of new
• The ways of the expert's expert, in two stages:
• Stage One 90 hours of specialist digital content and six assignments.
• Stage Two -The research phase, featuring a series of structured webinars and 1-1 supervision to support your Thesis work.
What's new? Brand New for 2022
Develop deep Digital Marketing expertise with DMI Master. Learn digital communications, digital strategy & planning, search marketing and more from Industry Skills Experts.
Learn every aspect of Digital Marketing across 8 stages of interactive learning to give you a highly relevant and deep knowledge of digital marketing, all wrapped up with the world's most recognized digital marketing certification on completion.
Major content update and NEW modules in
Social Media stage
• 9 NEW modules – new/revised syllabus, new video, new interactive content, new walkthroughs
• More emphasis on practical skills, deeper specialist knowledge, and B2B examples
• NEW content formats: embedded tools, text articles and quizzes
• NEW bonus content including webinars, podcasts, eBooks, articles and toolkits have been added.
• Existing walkthroughs and screenshots have been updated to acknowledge changes and updates to user interfaces.
• Improved videos with animated explainers.
All going well, you are then ready for immersion in the great digital game. And ready to take it to a new place. You are a DMI Certified Digital Marketing Master. What's more, your slick new DMI Certification works as a virtual passport. It looks sharp and is recognised at the door of (just about) all the best opportunities. That's because it comes with true authority.
Our Certifications are mapped to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) AND positioned within the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), a 'translation tool' between different qualifications systems. And both these facts are a big deal. They mean your DMI Certification gets recognised at a glance, fits within other educational frameworks and has value beyond borders. With DMI Certification, nothing gets lost in translation.
MSC. Digital Marketing
Stage 1: Taught stage
Eight key subjects, explored in depth:
1. Communications and Consumer: Business strategy considerations, C-Level analysis and reporting
2. Social media marketing: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Social Video. The power of the platform
3. Search Marketing: SEO, PPC and Analytics
4. eCommerce and email: Sales tactics, email data management and growth
5. Mobile marketing: Mobile apps and games mobile, messaging and mobile advertising
6. Strategy and planning: Including the Internet of Things, data visualizations and Benchmarking. Big Picture thinking. How to transform ideas into reality
7. Marketing and services management: Strategic marketing management, relationship marketing and the role of branding
8. Digital Innovation: Digital business applications and innovative business technologies. Where is the edge of new today? Where will it be tomorrow?
MSC. Digital Marketing
Stage 2: Research stage
Developed in partnership with the University of Salford, the second stage of the Masters involves your very own Business Innovation Project.
This is where the MSc. Digital Marketing and industry truly meet. You get to apply your expertise and prove your value. Here you can research and explore your chosen digital area of focus and refine your analytical skills. Hone your research and thesis writing skills through a series of webinars - practical guidance to help you do primary research, interpret results and present your findings.
The Masters thesis is a carefully argued scholarly paper. Written under the guidance of a Masters' academic supervisor with input from an industry expert, you present an original argument that is supported by primary and secondary research sources.
Your Business Innovation Project is the core element of the DMI MASTER program, and it is a true opportunity for you to focus on an area of interest and build industry knowledge, expertise and connection. This is a thesis and a true pathway, beyond Certification, to where you want to go.
DMI Master admission requirements
To apply for the MSc Masters in Digital Marketing online, you must meet the minimum admission requirements:
Minimum second class honours Bachelors degree in business/commerce/marketing plus a minimum of 1 year digital marketing experience.
Minimum second class honours Bachelors degree in any discipline plus a minimum of 2 years digital marketing experience Where an applicant does not meet the normal entry qualification requirement, they may still be considered for entry if they can demonstrate significant digital marketing work experience of a minimum 4 years and acceptable level of responsibility.
If English is not your first language, you may be required to provide a minimum IELTS level 6.5 cert or equivalent. (IELTS needs to be valid i.e. have been awarded within the 24 months prior to registration with the University of Salford).
Please note these are minimum requirements and are not an automatic entry to this Masters program. Admission is at the discretion of the Digital Marketing Institute.
Enrollment Deadline March 9th
How long is the DMI Master?
The duration of our masters in digital marketing distance learning program is flexible and is typically completed in 2 years on a part-time basis. The taught stage is approximately 14 months and the research stage 10 months. Upon completion you will gain 120 ECTS
There is an opportunity to take short breaks between different modules and stages, allowing you to complete this advanced digital leadership course at a pace that suits you best.