Eco Arts Practice - Crawford College of Art & Design
The Eco Arts Practice course is a Level 9 certificate 10 credit programme. Through experiential learning, this course provides an opportunity to explore Eco Arts Practice theory and application within a group setting.
The aim of the course is to provide participants with approaches to Eco Art Practice that could be applied in a range of different contexts, making it attractive to teachers, therapists, youth and community workers or artists looking to broaden the scope of their practice.
Explore nature and the environment within an art context, from ethical use of materials, to eco literacy through to the natural environment as a classroom, a therapeutic space, and a material that can be worked with.
Why do the course?
• Explore current and historical debates on the ethical, psychological and sociological underpinnings of Eco Arts Practice.
• Develop novel techniques to explore the interconnection between humans and the natural world
• Develop and apply advanced practical tools for engaging through the arts with groups in specific fields of practice.
• An Honours degree, or equivalent, in Visual Art/Theatre/Music or a relevant area, with a minimum of an Honours 2.2 (or equivalent) are eligible to apply for the programme.
• In certain circumstances mature applicants with professional experience will be considered for eligibility through recognition of prior and experiential learning.
• When you are applying online, please upload a CV, and a motivational statement detailing why you want to do the course
?Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €500 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you, and you wish to accept it.
Please upload a CV and a 'Reasons for Applying' statement to the additional information section on the Online Application Form'.
Duration & Delivery
One academic year (part-time, 2-day blocks, once a month).
Post Course Info
Arts in Social Care
Arts in Education
Arts programming Production Management
Arts programme Developer
Arts in Health programmes
Outreach Education programmes
Artist Engaged in Community Issues
Second Chance Learning
Community Development Officer
Arts in Health Practitioner