Educational Research Methodology - Education - Sligo St. Angela's
The Educational Research Methods module will focus on developing initial research knowledge and skills. The module will provide the participant with an overview of research, knowledge of data collection methods as well as an understanding of approaches to data analysis. The concept of research will be explored and consideration will be given to quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods of research. The module is delivered using online components and face-to-face workshops.
Who's Suited to This Programme
This module is suited to a wide range of participants from a variety of settings, including:
- Classroom teachers
- Graduates who wish to do a Postgraduate Diploma in Education and are awaiting a place on the programme
- Qualified teachers who are seeking full-time employment
- Employees within the Health Service Executive who work with learners with Special Educational Needs
- Principals, managers and Department Inspectorate
- Employees and Managers within Early Childhood Education sector
- Classroom assistants (including cuntóirí teanga)
- Educational Psychologists
- Learning Support Tutors
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Parents and Family Members involved in the care of learners with special educational needs
- Any others involved in the training or educational needs of learners with special educational needs
Educational Research Methods
This module will focus on developing initial research knowledge and skills. The module will provide an overview of research, knowledge of data collection methods as well as an understanding of approaches to data analysis. This module has been prepared in response to the need for knowledge with regard to educational research methodology
Level 8 Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
Application form online www.stangelas.nuigalway.ie
Post Course Info
Participants may progress to Masters level on successful completion of three modules which must include the online blended learning module: Educational Research Methods. The exit award will be a Master of Arts in Professional Studies in Special Educational Needs.