Engineering - Industrial Engineering - Research
Admission to a research degree is at the discretion of the potential supervisor and is based on a proposal from the applicant following discussions with the member of staff whose academic area of interest is most appropriate.
PhD—high Honours standard in the primary degree.
MEngSc—Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) or equivalent, at Second Class Honours Grade One level or above.
MApplSc—Honours degree from a recognised university or third level college or a Pass degree with at least three years relevant experience.
ME—Bachelor of Engineering degree and have proven engineering or research experience in a position of considerable responsibility.
Course Code: PhD (part-time) 1PE2 MEngSc (full-time) 1ES11; MEngSc (part-time) 1ES12 MApplSc (full-time) 1APR1; MApplSc (part-time) 1APR2 ME (part-time) 1ME2
PhD (Industrial Engineering), part-time
MEngSc (Industrial Engineering), full-time
MEngSc (Industrial Engineering), part-time
MApplSc (Industrial Engineering), full-time
MApplSc (Industrial Engineering), part-time
ME (Industrial Engineering), part-time
Areas of interest
- Ergonomics; human factors aspects of manufacturing/ integrated management systems; computer aided ergonomics. Integration of ergonomics; health and safety; quality and environment.
- Quality management systems; environmental management systems; safety management systems; operations management.
- Enterprise modelling; product and process development; innovation management.
- Logistics, operations strategy, and business operations.
- Statistical techniques of production and process control; process accreditation.