Entrepreneurship of Smart Medicines
Overall, this course is designed to provide a new language to those coming from a non-biology background in drug discovery and pharmaceutical development. The course is also designed to provide a language of business and commercialisation to those who are knowledgeable in the area of biology. This course trains, converts and upskills the "biologist-to-business" and "business-to-biologist". It provides training in the area of drug development, biotech, pharma and commercialisation.
Specifically, 12 x 5 ECTS Taught Modules with an additional 30 ECTS Research Project will create a MSc degree (90 ECTS), with an exit postgraduate diploma of 60 ECTS created by the 12 x 5 ECTS Taught Modules. The modules include:
• M01: Biology for the Entrepreneur
• M02: Scientific Transformation of an Entrepreneur
• M03: Disease Indications & the Market I
• M04: Disease Indications & the Market II
Drug Development Modules
• M05: Drug Development - The classics of large Pharma
• M06: Drug Development - Innovators and Disruptors
Clinical Development Modules
• M07: Clinical Development
• M08: Regulators and Manufacturers
• M09: Medical Devices & Biopharmaceuticals
Pharmaceutical Commercialisation Modules
• M10: Product & Company Licensing, Mergers & Valuations
• M11: Enterprise Development – Start-ups
• M12: Enterprise Development – IP and Leadership
• M13: Research Project (30 ECTS)
Applicants will be expected to have an Honors Bachelor degree at 2.1 or above. Applicants should have a primary degree in science (e.g. cell biology, immunology, neuroscience, pharmacology, physiology), health sciences (e.g. medicine, nursing, allied health) and/or business (e.g. entrepreneurs, business specialists, venture consultants).
Applicants with other primary degrees will be considered. Other applicants without a primary degree may be considered by the Dean of Graduate Studies in exceptional circumstanced based on workplace experience.
Closing Date: 31st July 2023
1 Year Full Time.
Student will be full time and complete all 90 ECTS in one year.
Post Course Info
Designed to bridge the gap between business and biology, this course trains, converts and upskills the "biologist-to-business" and "business-to-biologist", opening the door to careers in drug development, biotech, pharma and commercialisation.