Entrepreneurship of Smart Medicines
A new Masters course in "Smart Medicines (SME)", will be offered to entrepreneurs, business sector specialists, venture consultants and professionals.
Overall, this course is designed to provide a new language to those coming from a non-biology background in drug discovery and pharmaceutical development. The course is also designed to provide a language of business and commercialisation to those who are knowledgeable in the area of biology. This course trains, converts and upskills the "biologist-to-business" and "business-to-biologist". It provides training in the area of drug development, biotech, pharma and commercialisation.
Applicants will be expected to have an Honors Bachelor degree at 2.1 or above. Applicants should have a primary degree in science (e.g. cell biology, immunology, neuroscience, pharmacology, physiology), health sciences (e.g. medicine, nursing, allied health) and/or business (e.g. entrepreneurs, business specialists, venture consultants). Applicants with other primary degrees will be considered. Other applicants without a primary degree may be considered by the Dean of Graduate Studies in exceptional circumstanced based on workplace experience.
Specifically, 12 x 5 ECTS Taught Modules with an additional 30 ECTS Research Project will create a MSc degree (90 ECTS), with an exit postgraduate diploma of 60 ECTS created by the 12 x 5 ECTS Taught Modules. The modules include:
• M01: Biology for the Entrepreneur
• M02: Scientific Transformation of an Entrepreneur
• M03: Disease Indications & the Market I
• M04: Disease Indications & the Market II
Drug Development Modules
• M05: Drug Development - The classics of large Pharma
• M06: Drug Development - Innovators and Disruptors
Clinical Development Modules
• M07: Clinical Development
• M08: Regulators and Manufacturers
• M09: Medical Devices & Biopharmaceuticals
Pharmaceutical Commercialisation Modules
• M10: Product & Company Licensing, Mergers & Valuations
• M11: Enterprise Development – Start-ups
• M12: Enterprise Development – IP and Leadership
• M13: Research Project (30 ECTS)
Student will be full time and complete all 90 ECTS in one year.
1 Year Full Time