Executive Development - Advanced Business & Executive Coaching
This unique part-time, fully-accredited diploma programme is designed for experienced coaches looking to take their coaching to the next level. It focuses on the psychological dimension of coaching, developing participants 'ability to "raise coachee's awareness of their ingrained patterns of behaviour", the most important quality required of coaches by sponsors in large organisations (Ridler Report 2013).
A key feature is the focus on personal development, rooted in the firm belief that it is vital for participants to have personal experience of challenging their own ingrained patterns of behaviour as a basis for working effectively with clients.
The combination of theory, practice, personal and professional development transforms participants' ability to work more deeply and effectively with their clients.
Who is it for?
• Business coaches seeking to develop their theoretical understanding of, and capability to work with, the psychological aspects of coaching;
• HR Directors/Training/OD Consultants with a coaching background looking to expand their knowledge and skills in the psychological aspects of coaching;
• Line Managers with coaching backgrounds wishing to enhance their capacity to work with the psychological aspects of coaching;
• Retiring executives with a coaching background aiming to expand their portfolio of consultancy by working with the psychological aspects of coaching.
This programme will add significant value to the practice of both independent coaches and internal coaches operating within organisations.
• Utilise a wide range of psychological perspectives to enhance coaching practice, offering new ways to understand clients and what is happening during sessions;
• Gain a much deeper understanding of ingrained patterns of behaviour which can be utilised with coaches and for the benefit of other professional and personal relationships;
• Gain a sound understanding of six psychological traditions of particular relevance to business and executive coaching and the ability to apply this knowledge to the benefit of clients;
• Undertake significant personal development through the highly experiential nature of the training, which is underpinned by Gestalt principles of working with 'what is' in the here and now.
This programme is delivered over a series of 12 days involving 6 workshops within a 10-12 month period. 100% attendance is required. A different theme or psychological perspective is introduced at each workshop. Workshops include theoretical input from faculty with ample opportunity for participants to discuss and share thoughts, ideas and experiences, making for a rich learning experience. The learning is supplemented by observed coach practice and feedback. A further component of the programme is the 'experiential group' – a unique environment where participants practice the challenging art of relating authentically with one another, through a coaching lens.
The diploma programme is demanding and participants should be free of other responsibilities on the days of the workshops. 100% attendance is required.
We would encourage you to check the module dates listed on the overview page to ensure your availability. If you do miss a module due to unexpected circumstances, there is no longer an option to take that module with another intake of the programme. You will be required to complete an additional assignment as well as the module assignment. Full details on the module assignment as well as the additional assignment will be shared with the participant.
Workshop 1 The Person Centred Approach Wednesday & Thursday March 23rd & 24th 2022
Workshop 2 Psychodynamic Approaches Thursday & Friday May 5th & 6th 2022
Workshop 3 Gestalt Approaches Thursday & Friday June 30th & July 1st 2022
Workshop 4 Transactional Analysis Thursday & Friday September 8th & 9th 2022
Workshop 5 System and Field Thursday & Friday 20th & 21st October 2022
Workshop 6 Existential Approaches Thursday & Friday 8th & 9th December 2022
Participants should have at least 5 years management experience, hold a primary degree and have completed the UCD Diploma in Business & Executive Coaching or another accredited Business Coaching programme. Consideration will also be given to applicants who do not fully meet this requirement but have substantial experience in business coaching.
To apply for this programme, please contact Annabelle Phelan who would be delighted to discuss the application procedure with you further.
t: +353 1 716 8080
A completed application form, digital photograph and copy of transcripts for all university-level degrees (if applicable and excluding those taken at UCD) will be required. A telephone interview with the Programme Director may form part of the application process. The interview helps determine whether the programme is the most appropriate educational solution for the applicant.
Assessments and Workload
The emphasis throughout the programme is on the practical application of knowledge to benefit the participant, their team and their organisation. There are three assessments, an essay, a case study and a reflective journal. Successful completion of the assignments require participants to be actively coaching clients.
10 months part-time.
€9,225 & €8,763* (*UCD Business Alumni discount)
Next Intake: 13th May 2020