Finance for Non-Finance Executives - Micro-Credential
Who is this Micro-credential for?
• The micro-credential is designed for anyone who oversees a budget, and who seeks to understand and analyse financial reports, and forecast future performance. The aim is to give business leaders and decision makers a strong grasp of finance language, terminology, and skills in analysis.
• This micro-credential empowers non-finance managers to communicate effectively with accountants and finance managers. Using practical and real-life case studies the programme will explore numbers in business financial statements and reports in order to provide an understanding of how day-to-day decisions and activities impact the financial performance of your business.
Why should I take this Micro-credential?
• Participants will be able to analyse the performance of their business and make improvements in areas that are not performing to satisfaction.
• The micro-credential will also boost your literacy with financial language and terminology.
• Managers will learn how to spot financial opportunities and how to take advance of them. Participants will also learn practically how to investigate the cost and benefits of investments.
What will I do?
• The micro-credential aims to empower business leaders with a deep understanding
of financial analysis and the use of financial data and information in strategic decision making.
• Participants will expand their strategic thinking and knowledge base in finance to address significant business challenges, make informed decisions, gain a competitive edge in their career, feel confident in new roles, or embark on new professional paths.
• This micro-credential targets professional learners from mid and senior levels from the private, public and third sectors and will be open to graduates with a degree (or equivalent) with a strong academic record in any discipline from a recognised third level institution.
• Applicants without a degree are welcome to apply provided they can show a proven managerial track record.
• All applicants are required to have a minimum of 3 years professional or managerial work experience.
• Language requirements for students whose first language is not English are IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL IBT 90 for non-native English speakers.
• In case of heavy competition for places or concern regarding a particular applicant’s suitability, applicants may be interviewed.
• Up to date CV required.
Closing Date 26th March 2024 and 30th September 2024
How will this Micro-credential be delivered?
• Four days of in-person delivery based on 2 x 2-day blocks, comprising of lectures and interactive workshops, with additional reading material and independent learning and reviewing via Blackboard. With approximately one to three weeks between sessions.
• This format, in the experience of TBS Executive Education, works best for mid-level and senior level organisational leaders and minimises disruption to work.
Next Intake 16th April 2024
There are two intakes annually in November and in April