Finance & Technology - FinTech
Is this course for me?
Our Higher Diploma in Business in Finance & Technology is a conversion course into the Financial Services Industry - a one year, full-time and two year, part-time course designed to equip you with the core knowledge, skills and competencies to pursue a successful career as a FinTech professional in the financial services industry.
At the heart of the programme is a focus on ensuring you can develop a more hybrid skillset. It's with this in mind that the course was designed in collaboration with financial services professionals to ensure the modules prepare you appropriately. Modules include Project Management, Equity and Financial Systems Analysis.
Key features of the course include strong alignment with industry requirements both at home and abroad, and skills that are transferable to the wider financial services industry including technology requirements.
With a personal and supportive approach to learning throughout the culmination of the programme involves a work placement to allow you to apply your new knowledge in a practical manner in a professional corporate environment.
FinTech roles are becoming more varied, and following graduation you can look forward to a rewarding career in Asset Management, Trading, Insurance, Banking and even Payments.
• Strongly aligned with industry job requirements regionally and nationally
• Skill set transferable to the wider financial technology and general financial services sectors regionally and nationally.
• Blended/flexible mode of delivery
• Personal and supportive approach to teaching and learning
• Work placement opportunities with local and national Financial Services organisations.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Level 8 Honours Degree in Business/Finance/Economics/Mathematics or Computing or in a related discipline with at least 30 credits in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Computing, minimum second class honours (2.2).
- If you don't have an honours degree but have relevant experience you may also be eligible to apply via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
What will I study?
• The Financial Services Industry (M)
• Debt (M)
• Software Engineering for FinTech (M)
• Equity (M)
• Financial Systems Analysis (M)
• Project Management (M)
• Work Based Learning (E1)
• Applied Project (E2)
(M) = Mandatory, (E) = Elective
1 year, full-time
2 years, part-time
EU Fees: €3,000.00
Non-EU Fees: €10,000.00
Post Course Info
The main employers are: