Master Financial Services online with IOB
Pathway to the MSc in Financial Services
The Pathway to MSc in Financial Services is ideal for financial services professionals who are in leadership positions, or who aspire to leadership roles.
The Pathway to MSc in Financial Services aims to develop expertise in your chosen areas of interest (e.g. Digital, Data, Culture, Risk Management, Retail Banking or Investment Funds) while fostering a strategic perspective to enable you to assess strategic alternatives, identify new growth opportunities, and solve complex problems in financial services.
The curriculum develops industry specific knowledge and research insights and utilises students' practical experience to promote peer learning. An important aspect of the programme is the integration of technical skills and a focus on strategic challenges facing financial institutions to identify opportunities and threats arising in the global marketplace.
Students will critically evaluate the implications of operating in a dynamic business environment and the challenges they face in developing and executing strategies to provide value added products, services and solutions as firms seek to create compelling value propositions to support sustainable competitive advantage
How you will benefit
On completing the MSc in Financial Services, graduates will be able to:
• Utilise in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge necessary to manage in the evolving financial services landscape
• Critically appraise the forces shaping financial services including regulation, technology, competition, risk, customer/client expectations
• Assimilate a range of theoretical and empirical evidence to analyse complex problems and develop and evaluate innovative solutions and strategic alternatives
• Formulate strategy and policy for the financial services firm cognisant of the impact it may have on wider society and the need to recommend courses of action in an ethical and sustainable manner
• Critically evaluate the trade-offs between an institution's risk appetite, related internal control framework, operating model and its profitability
• Communicate clearly to stakeholders, using appropriate media and reporting standards, contemporary issues, decisions and developments in retail banking and financial services.
Professional Body Membership
You must be a current member of IOB, or become a member, to register for this programme. Membership is currently €80 per calendar year.
Continuous Professional Development
If you hold an IOB designation or a designation managed by IOB, CPD hours may be awarded on successful completion of this programme.
To complete the MSc, students must complete the Professional Diploma in Strategic Management in Financial Services (30 ECTS), and two of the following programmes (30 ECTS each).
• Professional Diploma in Strategic Management in Financial Services 30 ECTS
Complete any two of the following programmes:
• Professional Diploma in Advanced Banking Risk Management 30 ECTS
• Professional Diploma in Advanced Operational Risk Management in Financial Services 30 ECTS
• Professional Diploma in Applied Alternative Investments 30 ECTS
• Professional Diploma in Banking 30 ECTS
• Professional Diploma in Data and Analytics in Financial Services 30 ECTS
• Professional Diploma in Digital Transformation in Financial Services 30 ECTS
• Professional Diploma in Leading Cultural Change and Ethical Behaviour in Financial Services 30 ECTS
The minimum entry requirements are;
•Honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) in business or a related discipline (e.g.) accounting, finance or economics; or
•Honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) in a non-business discipline with three years' relevant work experience; or
•Those who do not hold a degree, but have exceptional middle or senior management experience, are eligible to apply and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Professional Body Membership
You must be a current member of The Institute of Banking, or become a member, to register for this programme. Membership is currently €40 per calendar year.
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd Jan 2019.
Assessment is a combination of continuous assessment and written exams.
The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy.
Programme Delivered Online
•Ethics and Corporate Governance €1,100
•Risk Management in Financial Institutions €1,100
•Contemporary Issues in Financial Services €1,100
•Project Management €1,100
•Fostering an Innovative Environment €1,100
•Managing for Compliance €1,100
•Risk-Based Financial Management €1,300
•Behavioural Decision-Making €1,300
•Winning Business Negotiation Strategies €1,300
Please contact the course provider for the next enrolment and start date.
Post Course Info
Chartered Banker Designation
Students who successfully complete the following three modules: Ethics and Corporate Governance, Risk Management in Financial Institutions, and Contemporary Issues of Financial Services or Fostering an Innovative Environment will be invited to apply for Chartered Banker designation. However, to be eligible for the Chartered Banker designation, these students will also have to satisfy the requirement of a minimum of three years' experience in banking or financial services. To be eligible for the Chartered Banker designation, students will also have to satisfy the requirement of a minimum of three years' experience in banking or financial services.