Health Promotion & Wellness
Certificate in Health Promotion and Wellness Practice L9 New!
This programme aims to introduce students to the core concepts and competencies required for health promotion and wellness practice. Students will become proficient in utilising evidence informed practice, statistical and data analysis and in health behaviour change approaches.
Objectives of Post-Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion & Wellness Practice
• To develop health promotion competencies and show evidence of using these in health or other settings
• To develop skills in the planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence based health behaviour change initiatives
• To be able to appraise, communicate and disseminate evidence of health promotion research and practice
• To develop self - reflective skills as a health promotion and wellness practitioner
• To develop professional practice skills to work autonomously and in collaboration with a broad range of relevant stakeholders.
Applications with a 2.2 Honours award in a relevant discipline may apply.
Applicants who do not meet this entry criterion may be considered through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Advice, guidance and support for applicants can on be found at www.myexperience.ie
As Healthy Ireland encourages all sectors of society to engage in promoting health we welcome graduates from a wide variety of backgrounds including but not limited to health science/ health promotion, sport and leisure, education, social sciences and childcare.
Concepts & Competencies for Health Promotion 10
Evidence Based Health Promotion Practice 05
Health Behaviour Change 10
Statistics and Data Analysis 05
Contact the college for the next start date.
Post Course Info
Graduates will be suitably qualified to work in a wide range of health, community and workplace settings.
Roles may include as health promotion, project and development officers for a range of topics for example sport/physical activity, mental health and sexual health with various population groups.
Graduates may also pursue careers as researchers and wellness practitioners.
What are my further study opportunities?
Graduates can apply continue onto the Diploma or MSc in Health Promotion and Project Management or apply to funded PhD within the Institute or other Institutes.