Health Sciences - International Healthcare Management - National Stream - Sligo St. Angela's
This exciting new part-time Masters programme has been developed as a response to an identified need in international healthcare for a postgraduate programme which focuses on health care management. The purpose of the Master of Health Science in International Healthcare Management is to prepare healthcare professionals to assume the role of managers/leaders in various health care settings globally.
The MHSc comprises of 7 modules. The modular programme will be delivered part-time over a two years and is worth 90 ECTS.
Why Choose the MHSc in International Healthcare Management at St. Angela's College?
- Learn to engage in strategic management/leadership planning
- Engage with global management frameworks, theories and tools
- Plan meaningful change in an organisational context
- Engage in proactive healthcare management in differing contexts and cultures
- St. Angela's College, Sligo has a vibrant nursing and healthcare education community and Sligo is a cost-effective place to live while completing your studies.
- Small groups with one on one academic support
- Variety of teaching and learning strategies to facilitate student education and learning including excellent, learning, library and research facilities
- Develop your career opportunities for senior healthcare leadership and management roles
Who's Suited to This Programme
- Nurses and Midwives
- Mental Health Practitioners
- Health Promotion Practitioners
- Practice Nurses
- Occupational Therapists
- Health Science Professionals
- Biomedical Scientists
- Social Care Workers
- Healthcare Professionals
Year 1 Modules:
- Quality and Healthcare Management (10 ECTS)
- Principles of Healthcare Leadership (10 ECTS)
- Healthcare Ethics (10 ECTS)
- Healthcare Project Management (10 ECTS)
Year 2 Modules:
- Managing Finance in Healthcare Organisations (10 ECTS)
- Strategic Management and Leadership (10 ECTS)
- Enhancing Evidence Based Practice (30 ECTS)
This programme is appropriate for students who have already undertaken a primary degree or higher diploma (health science related) at level 8 or equivalent.
- A primary degree (min 2:2) in Nursing or any Healthcare related field
- Minimum of three years post registration Nursing / Healthcare related experience
- Evidence of professional registration where applicable
Completed application form; review of academic transcripts; and document detailing rationale for undertaking programme and how it will contribute to your practice.
• Completed application form
• Meets minimum requirements
• Recognised Degree in Nursing or Health Sciences/Studies related degree
• Original academic documentation & experiential records to support application
2 years part-time.
Post Course Info
Following successful completion of the programme students can engage in continuing their lifelong learning. Students may opt to progress further on to the PhD level education.
The MHSc prepares healthcare professionals to assume the role of manager/leaders in various health care settings globally. As there is a continued emphasis on corporate governance, fiscal sustainability and leadership accountability, employment opportunities and board positions within this sector will be in demand. Graduates with this knowledge base and skill set will be set to take up these responsibilities and apply this knowledge for the public good.