Healthcare Risk Management & Quality
- Students who have successfully completed the Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Risk Management and Quality are eligible to apply for this course
- The course is aimed at those who wish to further specialise and advance their expertise in the field of clinical risk management and patient safety
- The course comprises a major thesis dealing with a specialist medicolegal/clinical risk management issue
Who Should Take This Course?
Candidates who have already completed the Graduate Diploma in Healthcare (Risk Management and Quality), who wish to develop their skills and gain a further qualification.
The course is suitable for:
Clinical risk advisors/managers
Professionals working in the fields of patient quality, safety and clinical risk management
What Will I Learn?
The MSc Dissertation Module will consist of a major thesis (strictly 15-20,000 words only) dealing with a specialist medico-legal/clinical risk management issue.
It may be suggested that the student substantially expand the pilot project examined at Graduate Diploma level or initiate a completely new thesis subject matter.
Thesis and examination
The thesis will generally comprise two distinct specialised but linked parts:
1. A medico-legal aspect
2. Clinical risk management aspect
The thesis must entail and ensure an outcome which results in a practical and professionally oriented thesis, which attempts to serve a health care market requirement and seeks to effect change and policy development. The thesis will entail a total mark out of 100 marks and will be assessed by way of written thesis and its assessment by a viva examination.
- Students who successfully exit with the Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Risk Management and Quality are eligible.
- Entry/Progression to the MSc programme will be strictly competitive as places are limited
International applicants should contact the academic programme director for a full list of entry requirements.
How to Apply
Applications should be made directly to the Programme Coordinator via the Programme Administrator.
UCD School of Medicine
Forensic & Legal Medicine
UCD Health Sciences Centre
T: + 353 1 716 6647
2 trimesters part-time.
Next Intake: January, May & September.
* Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised.
Post Course Info
This course is of particular value for those professionals who wish to further specialise and advance their expertise in the field of clinical risk management and patient safety, especially within the industry of healthcare and allied professions.