• Students will learn about the immune system in cancer, autoimmunity, infection and neurodegeneration and how cutting-edge immunotherapies are revolutionising the treatment of life-threatening and debilitating diseases.
• The exciting technologies of DNA/RNA vaccines, antibody, stem cell and, CAR T-cell therapies, and immune-checkpoint blockade will be studied.
• Skills in business development, innovation, entrepreneurship and communication will be taught in the Trinity Business School and bioprocessing in the National Institute for Bioprocessing, Research and Training (NIBRT) at their state-of-the-art facility.
Is this course for me?
The course is for scientists who wish to work in high-level jobs in the biopharma industry or continue further biomedical related research in academia.. The programme is aimed at science, medical, veterinary and engineering graduates as well as employees in the pharmaceutical/ biotech sector.
90 credits taught masters
60 credits taught modules
30 credits project placement
• Fundamental Immunology
• Advanced ImmunoTechnologies
• Entrepreneurial Action
• Computational Immunology
• Research in Action
• Innovation and Drug Development
This MSc programme provides a six-month placement with industry.
Closing Date: 31st July 2023
1 year full-time
Next Intake September 2020
Post Course Info
Graduates of the M.Sc. in ImmunoTherapeutics have pursued careers in the therapeutics and biopharma industries and have gained employment nationally and internationally, including at Avectas Ltd, Pfizer, Janssen Pharmaceutica, Fountain Healthcare, and Biotech.