Innovation & Leadership
Is this course for me?
Our Master of Business in Innovation & Leadership is designed to develop the leadership talent of managers to deliver significant business impact in their organisations.This part-time programme has been developed in consultation with industry. It aims to substantially develop the capability of executive managers as innovating leaders within their organisations.
The course is structured over two years, and delivered over two day blocks with additional online learning. An integral part of the programme is action learning within the candidate's own workplace. This approach enhances the use of specialist knowledge in practice and recognises the shared relationship between management theory and professional practice. The programme creates an environment in which participants can engage in knowledge development based on their work context. It is essentially a practical programme, with rigorous theoretical underpinnings, which draws on the real life experience of its participants.
Key Features Include:
• Focused on developing responses to key strategic issues
• Leading national and international best practice speakers
• Discussion-based mode of delivery
• Two day block delivery plus online over two years
• Action learning communities of practice using reflective learning approach (8 half days).
• Assessment is assignment based and centred on work issues.
• Dissertation based on major in-house organisational project.
What will I study?
• Managing People (M)
• Innovation & New Product Development (M)
• Leadership (M)
• Managing Change (M)
• Driving Innovation (M)
• Action Learning Research (M)
• Corporate Governance (M)
• Professional Development (M)
• Knowledge Management & Learning (M)
• Dissertation (M)
Minimum Entry Requirements
The entry requirement is an Honours Degree, minimum of Second Class Honours, Grade 2 or equivalent and at least three years relevant management experience. In exceptional circumstances, applicants not holding a degree but having significant experience as a Senior Manager will be eligible for admission to the programme.
2 years part-time.
Post Course Info
Follow up programmes elsewhere include:
• Level 10 studies (Doctoral) at other institutions and universities at home and abroad.