Interactive Digital Media
The Postgraduate Diploma in Interactive Digital Media is at the intersection of design, computing and content.
This multidisciplinary course enables students to develop a cutting-edge skillset using the most up to date, industry-standard technology and challenges its students to innovate and develop ground-breaking new interactive digital technologies and experiences.
Why Study Interactive Digital Media at Griffith College?
Designed specifically to address a growing need in the industry, the Postgraduate Diploma in Interactive Digital Media at Griffith College is a one-year, part-time programme delivered over two evenings and Saturdays. Aiming to build upon students' knowledge of digital for an exciting career in a growing media industry, as a graduate of this course, you will:
- Plan, design and build interactive digital products and experiences.
- Challenge the history of design with a deep-dive on design theory and project to the future to anticipate the interactive needs of future generations.
- Get exposure to programming languages, platforms, design and content that will enable them to develop interactive digital creations to solve real-life problems.
- Develop a team player attitude necessary to communicate problems, ideas and solutions to all levels of the industrial team.
- Fantastic job prospects with a 100% employment record from a sample of graduates.
- No final dissertation required
- Small class sizes
- Access to state of the art facilities
- A dedicated experienced lecturing Team
- Industry guest speakers
This programme contains eight taught modules, four of which are delivered over each of the two semesters.
Digital Media & Society
Business of Digital Media
Digital Media Platforms
Game Design and Development
Theories & Principles of Animation
3D Modelling & Rendering
Server-side Web Development & Databases
Applicants should hold an undergraduate honours degree 2:2 or above. Alternatively, applicants with a 2:2 in a Higher Diploma in Science in Computing or a related area are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Apply directly to Griffith College.
2 semesters full-time blended learning. Provisionally, the course will be held on three evenings during the week.
We run two intakes for this course, commencing in Spring and Autumn.
Post Course Info
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Interactive Digital Media course have the option to continue their studies in Griffith College by progressing to the MSc in Interactive Digital Media.
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Interactive Digital Media students will be qualified to work as designers and creative directors in a variety of cross-disciplinary industries (e.g. publishing and the creative arts). They will be able to work effectively as team leaders/managers in the creative media industry, as well as for innovative multimedia projects that involve cross-media content and platforms.
Other careers include content/information managers, industrial and academic research, multimedia systems developers, innovative media practitioners, and as entrepreneurs capable of developing an innovative idea into a full development opportunity.