Interactive Digital Media
The Postgraduate Diploma in Interactive Digital Media is at the intersection of design, computing and content.
This multidisciplinary course enables students to develop a cutting-edge skillset using the most up to date, industry-standard technology and challenges its students to innovate and develop ground-breaking new interactive digital technologies and experiences.
Why Study Interactive Digital Media at Griffith College?
Designed specifically to address a growing need in the industry, the Postgraduate Diploma in Interactive Digital Media at Griffith College is a one-year, part-time programme delivered over two evenings and Saturdays.
Aiming to build upon students' knowledge of digital for an exciting career in a growing media industry, as a graduate of this course, you will:
• Plan, design and build interactive digital products and experiences.
• Challenge the history of design with a deep-dive on design theory and project to the future to anticipate the interactive needs of future generations.
• Get exposure to programming languages, platforms, design and content that will enable them to develop interactive digital creations to solve real-life problems.
• Develop a team player attitude necessary to communicate problems, ideas and solutions to all levels of the industrial team.
• Fantastic job prospects with a 100% employment record from a sample of graduates
• No final dissertation required
• Small class sizes
• Access to state of the art facilities
• A dedicated experienced lecturing Team
• Industry guest speakers
Full-time students will complete the two taught stages over two semesters.
Part-time students will complete the two taught stages over three semesters.
All students choose two elective modules in addition to the core modules.
• Web Authoring
• Visual Communication
• Digital Media & Society
• Research Methods
• Interaction Design
• Multimedia Programming
• Business of Digital Media
• Digital Media Platforms
• Game Design and Development
• Theories & Principles of Animation
• Digital Storytelling
• 3D Modelling & Rendering
• Desktop Publishing
• Server-side Web Development & Databases
• Video Production
If English is not your native language, you must show that your English level is of a suitable standard. For further information, please contact a member of the Admissions Team.
Griffith College is accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency.
How to Apply
Apply directly to Griffith College.
Applicants over 23 years of age (Mature students):
Applicants over 23 years of age on 1st January (of this year) must apply to Griffith College directly online using the Apply Online facility on the website homepage. Mature applicants will be asked for a copy of their passports.
3 semesters. Part-Time / Full-Time.
Provisionally, the course will be held on three evenings during the week.
We run two intakes for this course, commencing as follows:
*subject to sufficient numbers.
Post Course Info
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Interactive Digital Media course have the option to continue their studies in Griffith College by progressing to the MSc in Interactive Digital Media.
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Interactive Digital Media students will be qualified to work as designers and creative directors in a variety of cross-disciplinary industries (e.g. publishing and the creative arts). They will be able to work effectively as team leaders/managers in the creative media industry, as well as for innovative multimedia projects that involve cross-media content and platforms.
Other careers include content/information managers, industrial and academic research, multimedia systems developers, innovative media practitioners, and as entrepreneurs capable of developing an innovative idea into a full development opportunity.