Interactive Digital Media
The MSc in Interactive Digital Media is at the intersection of design, computing and content.
This multidisciplinary course enables students to develop a cutting-edge skillset using the most up to date, industry-standard technology and challenges its students to innovate and develop ground-breaking new interactive digital technologies and experiences.
Why Study Interactive Digital Media at Griffith College?
Designed specifically to address a growing need in the industry, the MSc in Interactive Digital Media at Griffith College is a 1-2 year programme which aims to build upon students' knowledge of digital for an exciting career in a growing media industry.
Delivered on a full and part-time basis, as a graduate of this course, you will:
• Plan, design and build interactive digital products and experiences
• Challenge the history of design with a deep-dive on design theory and project to the future to anticipate the interactive needs of future generations
• Get exposure to programming languages, platforms, design and content that will enable them to develop interactive digital creations to solve real-life problems
• At the intersection of design, content and technology
• Fantastic job prospects with a 100% employment record from a sample of graduates
• Finish early with Post-Graduate Diploma
• Small class sizes
• Access to state of the art facilities
• A dedicated experienced lecturing Team
• Industry guest speakers
Full-time students will complete the two taught stages over two semesters and will complete the dissertation by practice in an additional third semester.
Part-time students will complete the two taught stages over three semesters and will complete the dissertation by practice in an additional fourth semester.
All students choose two elective modules in addition to the core modules.
• Web Authoring
• Visual Communication
• Digital Media & Society
• Research Methods
• Interaction Design
• Multimedia Programming
• Business of Digital Media
• Digital Media Platforms
• Game Design and Development
• Theories & Principles of Animation
• Digital Storytelling
• 3D Modelling & Rendering
• Desktop Publishing
• Server-side Web Development & Databases
• Video Production
Candidates applying for this course should have a Level 8 Honours degree 2:2 or above in any discipline or international equivalent and/or relevant work experience.
If English is not your native language, you must show that your English level is of a suitable standard. For further information, please contact a member of the Admissions Team.
Griffith College is accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency.
How to Apply
Applicants over 23 years of age (Mature students):
Applicants over 23 years of age on 1st January 2018 must apply to Griffith College directly online using the Apply Online facility on the website homepage. Mature applicants will be asked for a copy of their passport.
1 year full-time, 2 years part-time.
We run 2 intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
*subject to sufficient numbers.
Post Course Info
On completion of the Level 9 MSc in Interactive Digital Media, students may progress onto a range of Level 10 Doctoral programmes on the National Qualifications Framework. The Postgraduate QQI validation means that your qualification is recognised not only in Ireland and Europe but throughout the world.
Through the MSc in Interactive Digital Media, you will have gained valuable professional experience, specialised in a key emerging field and developed many technical skills. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates including:
• Creative Directors
• Content/information managers
• Industrial and academic research
• Multimedia Systems Developer
• Innovative Media Practitioners
• Digital Media Manager
• Media Product Manager
• Digital Account Director
• Digital Designer