International Business & Law
This flexible Diploma Course offers a global insight into business management and law.
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Business and Law enables students to develop the skills required to become independent-minded, knowledgeable and innovative business managers with a core grounding in International Law.
Why Study Business & Law at Griffith College
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Business and Law is available on a full and part-time basis, taught over one to two calendar years. The programme combines the core operational and organisational aspects of international business management with advanced theoretical and practical legal knowledge, allowing students to develop a solid grounding in the twin disciplines of international business and law. Taught by experienced practitioners and research staff in both the Graduate Business School and the Law Faculty, the programme is designed for holders of an undergraduate business or law degree.
- All part time evening classes are available online with the opportunity of some face to face weekend workshops (pending social distancing regulations).
- Students will develop the skills and knowledge necessary for further study in International Business.
- Students will learn through an interactive teaching style that encourages significant contributions and presentations in class in order to promote the exchange of ideas and build confidence.
- Students will have the opportunity to display their managerial ability and the application of skills and knowledge in the workplace through the completion of individual management competency reports.
- A flexible study model gives students the option of either part-time study with class size, structure and assessment tailored to each individual module.
- For the business graduate, it offers the opportunity to gain the understanding necessary to fully participate in complex legal transactions and to anticipate and manage legal issues as they arise in the international business arena.
- For the law graduate, it provides the basis for the acquisition and development of business acumen and to fully appreciate the influence that trade and international law issues have on management decision making and operations.
- Students will have the option to further their studies with progression onto our MSc in International Business and Law.
- Delivered from Dublin but available to applicants nationwide.
The entry requirements for this programme is a minimum of 2.2 honours undergraduate degree (level 8) in a business or law-related discipline.
Non-business graduates with relevant work experience may apply on the basis of their experiential learning. Please contact the admissions team to find out more.
Accreditation of Prior Learning and Prior Experience (APL/APEL)
The Graduate Business School welcomes applications from those with prior academic and/or professional learning experience which may be relevant to the PGDip in International Business and Law programme. Applicants who wish for their prior academic and/or professional learning experience to be considered are requested to indicate this at the time of application and we will be happy to examine all of the relevant documentation accordingly.
English Language Proficiency
Students who are not native English speakers will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency. A minimum score of IELTS 6.5, 575 TOEFL or equivalent is required.
In response to the worldwide closure of English Language Test Centres arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, Griffith College is now accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency. This is a temporary measure for our intakes in February and September 2021.
International Commercial Law
Professional Services Management
International Tax Law
International Commercial Arbitration
EU Internal Market and Competition Law
International Privacy and Data Protection Law
International Intellectual Property Law
International Financial Services Law
1 year full-time/2 years part-time.
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Business and Law will consist of two or three semesters that will take place over 12 to 18 months.
The full-time programme is delivered over two semesters and classes will take place Monday-Friday, between 9am and 6pm.
The part-time programme is delivered over three semesters. Each semester will follow this structure:
- Initial six weeks – three evenings per week, 6.30pm-9pm; online
- Following six weeks – three weekend workshops, Saturday 10am-4pm (subject to change); on campus.
Our intake for this course commences September 2020.
Post Course Info
On completion of the level 9 Postgraduate Diploma in International Business and Law students may progress onto the MSc dissertation stage of the programme.
You can contact our admissions team to discuss what progression options are available to you.
Through the Postgraduate Diploma in International Business you will have gained valuable professional experience, built a strong foundation of communication and presentation skills, and covered a diverse range of topics. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates including:
Business Development Specialist
Market Research Analyst
Global Brand Advertising Manager