International Business Management
An innovative postgraduate diploma programme designed to prepare graduates for further study and enhance a career in international business.
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Management develops students' practical skills in a range of component business disciplines in a dynamic learning environment, with the option of a further study path and progression onto the MSc or MBA award.
Why Study Business at Griffith College?
Our Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Management programme is available on a part-time basis over one calendar year. The course is specially designed to prepare graduates for the world of international business by providing an educational experience which is strongly vocational, academically rigorous and intellectually challenging, providing a key stepping stone to greater success in international business management.
- All part-time evening classes are available online with the opportunity of some face to face weekend workshops (pending social distancing regulations).
- Students will develop the skills and knowledge necessary for further study in International Business.
- Students will learn through an interactive teaching style that encourages significant contributions and presentations in class in order to promote the exchange of ideas and build confidence.
- Students will have the opportunity to display their managerial ability and the application of skills and knowledge in the workplace through the completion of individual management competency reports.
- A flexible study model gives students the option of part-time study with class size, structure and assessment tailored to each individual module.
- Students will have the option to further their studies with progression onto our MSc in International Business Management or, for eligible applicants, our MBA.
- Delivered from Dublin but available to applicants nationwide.
The entry requirements for this programme is a minimum of 2.2 honours undergraduate degree (level 8) in a business-related discipline.
Non-business graduates with relevant work experience may apply on the basis of their experiential learning. Please contact the admissions team to find out more.
Accreditation of Prior Learning and Prior Experience (APL/APEL)
The Graduate Business School welcomes applications from those with prior academic and/or professional learning experience which may be relevant to the PGDip in International Business Management programme. Applicants who wish for their prior academic and/or professional learning experience to be considered are requested to indicate this at the time of application and we will be happy to examine all of the relevant documentation accordingly.
English Language Proficiency
Students who are not native English speakers will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency. A minimum score of IELTS 6.5, 575 TOEFL or equivalent is required.
In response to the worldwide closure of English Language Test Centres arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, Griffith College is now accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency. This is a temporary measure for our intakes in February and September 2021.
Strategic Human Resource Management
Leadership and Management Development
Responsible Business Management
Strategic Procurement and Supply Management
Global Marketing Methods and Mindsets
1 year full-time, 2 years part-time.
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Management will consist of two/three semesters that will take place over 12 to 18 months.
The full-time programme is delivered over two semesters and classes will take place Monday-Friday, between 9am and 6pm.
The part-time programme is delivered over three semesters. Each semester will follow this structure:
- Initial six weeks – three evenings per week, 6.30pm-9pm; online
- Following six weeks – three weekend workshops, Saturday 10am-4pm (subject to change); on campus.
Our intake for this course commences September 2020.
Post Course Info
On completion of the level 9 Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Management students may progress onto the MSc dissertation stage of the programme, or, for eligible applicants, the MBA.
You can contact our admissions team to discuss what progression options are available to you.
Through the Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Management you will have gained valuable professional experience, built a strong foundation of communication and presentation skills, and covered a diverse range of topics. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates including:
Business Development Specialist
Market Research Analyst
Global Brand Advertising Manager