International Pharmaceutical Business Management
Develop your knowledge and understanding of the Pharmaceutical Business Management Industry.
This postgraduate diploma programme provides learners with the specialist skills required for successful management careers in the pharmaceutical range of industries.
Why Study Pharmaceutical Business Management at Griffith College?
This fully-funded* Postgraduate Diploma in Science in International Pharmaceutical Business Management is available on a part-time basis and is conducted over a one-year period. The programme develops learners' abilities to research current trends and developments in the pharmaceutical business management industry and to develop their knowledge, skill and competencies to work in this dynamic business arena across multiple industries, whether they are service or manufacturing-oriented. As a learner of the programme you will:
- All classes are available online with the opportunity of some face-to-face weekend workshops (pending social distancing restrictions).
- Expand your knowledge of marketing, technological developments, product release and regulatory affairs in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Master business development and pharmaceutical product launching activities within an ever-expanding global industry.
- Become an expert in regional management, forecasting and budgeting.
- Develop your interpersonal, professional and leadership skills by working independently, and as part of a team on a range of challenging projects.
- Part-time learning allows students already working in the area extra time to hone skills.
- Be supported through your studies by industry-experienced lecturers from the pharmaceutical industry.
- Have the opportunity to network with guest speakers from the pharmaceutical industry.
- Delivered from Cork but available to applicants nationwide.
Management Accounting and Control
Leadership and Management Development
International Marketing Management
Globalisation and Corporate Responsibility
Business Research Methods
Commercial and Financial Considerations in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Quality & Regulatory Framework in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Business & Technology Innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Marketing Management for Pharmaceutical Marketers
Candidates seeking access to the Postgraduate Diploma in Science in International Pharmaceutical Business Management programmes are required to hold either:
- A Level 8 Honours Degree, 2.2H or higher, in Pharmacy, Science or equivalent discipline, or;
- A Level 8 Honours Degree, 2.2H or higher, in business or related discipline, with at least three years Pharmaceutical related industry experience.
Each candidate's application will be considered individually in accordance with the College's QQI-approved quality assurance procedures.
Candidates holding relevant alternative qualifications and those with related experiential learning will be considered under the College's RPL policy.
In response to the worldwide closure of English Language Test Centres arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, Griffith College is now accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency. This is a temporary measure for our intakes up to and including February 2022. Please see here for further details.
How to Apply
Students who wish to apply for this course may apply directly to Griffith College. They should have obtained a degree at least a level 8 honours degree in pharmacy, science, business or related discipline.
When our Admissions team receive your application they will be in contact with you directly.
1 year blended learning.
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Pharmaceutical Business Management will consist of three semesters that will take place over 12 months.
Initial six weeks – three evenings per week, as follows:
- Mondays: Business & Technology Innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry 6.30-9pm
-Tuesdays: Globalisation and Corporate Responsibility 6.30-9pm
- Wednesdays: International Marketing Management 6.30-9pm
Following six weeks – three weekend workshops
Post Course Info
Graduates of the course may progress onto the Dissertation stage to obtain the full MSc in International Pharmaceutical Business Management.