Law - International Commercial Law
The Postgraduate Diploma in Arts in International Commercial Law is available on a full-time basis over a 1 or 2 year period. Lectures are held in the evening time to allow those who are working or have other day time commitments during the day to pursue the programme.
Please note: The Postgraduate Diploma in Arts? in International Commercial Law is a cognitive masters. In order to be eligible for the course you will need to possess the following:
2.2 degree in Law or a related discipline (that has a 50% legal component to the degree) or foreign equivalent ?
Relative work experience may also be taken into consideration.
Why Study at International Commercial Law at Griffith?
The Postgraduate Diploma in Arts in International Commercial Law offers students advanced, specialised legal training, qualifying you to work in a multinational legal environment.
- Graduates of this programme will receive an internationally recognised Postgraduate Diploma.
- Students will gain a firm understanding of the key principles of International Commercial Law, for example, International
- Intellectual Property Law, International Financial Services Law and Corporate Governance.
- Students will acquire highly transferable skills attractive to a wide range of businesses outside law including in both major corporations and international institutions.
- A strong international focus gives students a key advantage when building a career in today's globalised legal landscape.
- All of our lecturers are experienced academics who are specialists in their field.
- Unique international Commercial Law focus
- Experienced lecturers - experts in their field
- Small class sizes - more individual attention to help you reach your personal potential
- Evening time lectures - it is possible to obtain an LL.M. with work or other day time commitments
The Postgraduate Diploma in Arts in International Commercial Law is one year in duration. The student will complete six subjects. In the first semester, the student will complete three mandatory subjects and in the second semester, they will choose three commercial electives. (Electives run subject to demand and at the discretion of the faculty.)
Assessment in the taught modules in semesters 1 and 2 is by way of assignments and examinations. Upon meeting with the faculty a two-year option may be arranged where necessary.
Public International Law
Advanced Legal Research and Writing
International Commercial Law
International Commercial Arbitration
International Tax Law
International Financial Services Law
EU Internal Market and Competition Law
International Intellectual Property Law
International Privacy and Data Protection Law
2.2 degree in Law or a related discipline (that has a 50% legal component to the degree) or foreign equivalent or relevant work experience.
In response to the worldwide closure of English Language Test Centres arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, Griffith College is now accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency. This is a temporary measure for our intakes up to and including February 2022.
How to Apply
All applicants must apply online here uploading a copy of the following:
- Photo I.D. (driving licence or passport)
- Degree transcripts from previous studies
- Module descriptors from previous studies where the degree is not of a cognate discipline
1 or 2 years full-time.
This course will next commence September 2020.
Post Course Info
Students who successfully complete the Postgraduate Diploma in Arts in International Commercial Law can progress onto the LL.M. programme through the completion of a 20,000-word dissertation in a relevant area.
Students who wish to specialise in an area of law within a legal firm or practice at the Bar often choose the postgraduate diploma to give themselves sufficient knowledge in that area. Increasingly, companies are dealing with the international markets and for this reason, the Postgraduate Diploma in International Commercial Law is very popular amongst lawyers in this area.