Law - International Commercial Law - LLM
An opportunity to specialise in the exciting field of International Commercial Law for great career opportunities.
The LL.M. in International Commercial Law is available on a full-time basis over a 1 or 2 year period.
Please note: The LL.M. in International Commercial Law is a cognitive masters. In order to be eligible for the course you will need to possess the following:
2.2 degree in Law or a related discipline (that has a 50% legal component to the degree) or foreign equivalent.
Relative work experience may also be taken into consideration.
Why Study International Commercial Law at Griffith College?
The LL.M. in International Commercial Law offers students the opportunity to specialise in International Commercial Law in order to facilitate enhanced career opportunities and/or to lay the foundations for Ph.D. study.
• Unique International Commercial Law focus. Adopts an international focus of Commercial Law which is unique to Griffith College's postgraduate law courses.
• Evening lecturers make it possible to obtain an LL.M with work or other daytime commitments.
• Students will acquire highly transferable skills, attractive to a wide range of businesses including in major corporations, international institutions, advanced research, presentation, and client handling skills.
• A strong international focus gives students a key advantage when building a career in today's globalised legal landscape.
• Unique International Commercial Law focus
• Experienced lecturers who are experts in their field
• Small class sizes mean more individual attention to help you reach your personal potential
• Evening time lectures mean that it is possible to obtain an LL.M. with work or other day time commitments.
The LL.M. in International Commercial Law is one calendar year in duration. The student will complete six modules and a dissertation. In the first semester, the student will complete three mandatory subjects and in the second semester, they will choose three commercial electives. (Electives run subject to demand and at the discretion of the faculty.)
• Public International Law
• Advanced Legal Research and Writing
• International Commercial Law
Semester Two: Electives
• International Commercial Arbitration
• International Tax Law
• International Financial Services Law
• EU Internal Market and Competition Law
• International Intellectual Property Law
• Corporate Governance
• International Privacy and Data Protection Law
Semester Three: Dissertation
2.2 degree in Law or a related discipline (that has a 50% legal component to the degree) or foreign equivalent or relevant work experience.
Griffith College is accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency.
How to Apply
All applicants must apply online here uploading a copy of the following:
• Photo I.D. (driving licence or passport)
• Degree transcripts from previous studies
• Module descriptors from previous studies where the degree is not of a cognate discipline.
1 Year. Full-Time.
Post Course Info
Many of our LL.M. graduates go on to pursue PhD studies, having acquired not only legal expertise but also advanced academic writing and legal research skills during the LL.M. programme.
Through the LL.M. in International Commercial Law, you will have gained valuable professional experience, built a strong foundation of critical analysis and presentation skills, and covered a diverse range of topics.
There is a wide range of career options for our graduates including:
• Promotion for those who are already practising in law
• In-house legal roles with international or domestic businesses
• Legal advisor within international or domestic commercial entity
• Legal researcher in area of international commercial law
• PhD study for an academic career.