Leadership & Management
ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management – Level 9 (Ireland), Level 7 (UK)
This ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management is specifically designed for senior managers and leaders who want to develop themselves as leaders and managers, who recognise they have to satisfy various stakeholders and also want to invest in their own personal brand. They may manage the day-to-day operations and activities, and in doing so seek to make the best use of their resources, understand the need to innovate and have a constant awareness of the need to optimise performance. They may also have to present arguments for change, construct business cases, lead change implementation and evaluate the impact of that change. The credit value for this course is 20 credits indicating a learner effort of 200 hours is required to complete the course.
The ILM Certificate course is assessed through assignments and a research-based project. This project may be on a variety of topics across a range of strategic areas. By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Interactive Forums (with other learners), Online Library, Videos, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Level 7 (UK) / 9 (Ire) Certificate course?
This course is aimed at existing senior managers or those new to senior management who wish to develop their Leadership capability and effectiveness. This programme will require the Learner to present a case for change/improvement in their organisation based on a comprehensive enquiry based research programme. This programme is not aimed at being a substitute for a primary qualification in a specific field of study, it is aimed at those wishing to gain an accredited professional higher level qualification to underpin their practical management and leadership capabilities.
Topics covered in this ILM Level 9 Certificate course
Unit 1: Managing and Leadership
• Management v. Leadership
• Leadership styles
• Management Development Options
• Skills Audit and Development Plan
Unit 2: Enquiry Based Research Project
• Defining the Research Problem
• Defining Research Objectives
• Quantitative Research
• Qualitative Research
• Developing Conclusions and Recommendations
• Devising Action Plans
• Stakeholder Impact Analysis
• Communicating your Report and Recommendations
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
As this is comparable to a Level 9 (Ireland) Certificate qualification, there are a number of eligibility requirements for entry to this programme.
• Academic Experience: Level 7 or 8 (Ireland) qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications. This qualification can be in any field of study. Learners who hold qualifications issued outside the Republic of Ireland will be required to submit evidence that their qualification is recognised as being of the required equivalent level on the National Framework of Qualifications.
• Work Experience: Where a Learner does not hold a level 7 or 8 qualification, they must have 5 years' experience in a Senior Management role.
• Technical Skills: Learners are required to be proficient in the following: (1) Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and (2) advanced internet skills.
• Language Skills: Learners are required to have excellent written English skills as all assignment and project work will require the use of professional business English. Learners who have not been educated to a minimum of level 7 in English will be required to complete an English language test on enrolment. If you are a non-native English speaker you will be required to take an English language proficiency test.
• Self-directed Learning: Learners will be expected to take responsibility for the self-directed learning activities on the course and must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
• Learners must hold a valid Irish PPS number or UK Social Insurance number.
• For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning
The course is completed over 12 months. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
Post Course Info
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.