Master of Science (MSc) Marketing.
The MSc in Marketing aims to enhance the prospects of its graduates in the job markets and enable them to obtain entry into a variety of roles ranging from junior executive to senior marketing positions in a range of organisations both nationally and internationally. The programme is at Level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications and with the combination of taught and research stage, it provides added value for both learners and employers.The programme is academically challenging and strategically relevant in advanced marketing and will equip students with current and emerging theories that inform and comment upon the new practices of marketing within the digital media arena.
Key features include:
• It is delivered in small class groups which support individual learning needs
• It offers a highly supportive environment in which to learn
• It takes global perspective
• Module content is strategic in nature and directly relates to the business world
• Delivery balances contemporary theory and practice
• A rigorous scientific research approach is applied throughout the programme
• Authentic assessment strategies are employed
The MSc in Marketing is a programme which has been purposely created to meet the needs of recently qualified business or marketing graduates. It seeks to further enhance students existing knowledge of marketing theories and practice, and who aspire to pursuing challenging senior career opportunities in the marketing profession. In today's maturing and competitive marketing landscape, this MSc in Marketing will equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary at senior level marketing positions.
The programme is structured in two sequential stages. Stage 1 is a wholly taught component, contributing 60 credits. Stage 2 is a supervised dissertation, contributing 30 credits. The dissertation provides you with the opportunity to critically review the literature in any part of the taught syllabus.
For full-time students, the taught component consists of 8 modules. Successful completion of the taught component stage allows you to move on to the dissertation stage.
For part-time students, delivery of the programme is structured over 4 taught semesters. During each semester, students are typically required to attend lectures on two evenings per week and occasional weekend workshops.
The minimum entry requirements for the Master of Science in Marketing are:
• A Level 8 primary undergraduate honours degree with a minimum Second-Class Second Division classification (2.2) from a recognised third level institution in any discipline who wish to specialise in the field of marketing, or
• An equivalent professional qualification attributed to the marketing sector.
• For applicants whose first language is not English and who have not previously undertaken a degree taught through English, evidence must be provided of proficiency in English language equivalent to B2+ or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). This must be evidenced through a recognised English Language test such as IELTS, Cambridge Certificate, PTE or DBS English Assessment. Test certificates should be dated within the last two years to be considered valid.
Applicants who do not have a Level 8 qualification at a 2.2 award level and who have at least 3 years' work experience may also be considered through the college's normal RPL procedures. Relevant professional experience may be taken into account and individuals will be assessed on a case-by-case basis through DBS RPL procedures.
Subjects will be assessed through continuous assessment. Students are involved in group projects, oral presentations, poster presentations and real life company case analysis. Students will also be exposed to guest lecturers from leading Irish and multi-national companies and will participate in practical workshops with academics and practitioners.
The MSc in Marketing has the following content:
• Contemporary Consumer Behaviour
• Sustainable Marketing Practices
• Web Marketing Management & Metrics
• Services Marketing Management
• Research Methods
• Integrated Marketing Communications
• Design Thinking, Innovation and Commercialisation
• Applied Strategic Branding
• International Marketing
• Dissertation / Applied Research Project
Full-time: 1 Year
Part-time: 2 Years
Post Course Info
Graduates of the MSc in Marketing will acquire specialised skills and competencies that will enable them to pursue positions in many fields, including Marketing Management, Market Research, Brand Management, Advertising & Public Relations and Marketing Consultancy.