The MSc in NanoBio Science at the UCD School of Physics is for students excited by the prospect of studying and researching in this emerging interdisciplinary area, where physics, chemistry, engineering and life sciences all come together.
- Interdisciplinary NanoBio Science for Research and Industry
- Experimental and Theoretical Excellence
- World-Class Academic Team
Who should apply?
Full Time option suitable for:
Domestic(EEA) applicants: Yes
International (Non EEA) applicants currently residing outside of the EEA Region. Yes
The recruits to the course will come from a range of disciplines, including Physics, Theoretical Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mathematics, Biological Sciences and Medicine.
The part time programme is aimed primarily at recent graduates from BSc programmes currently working or seeking employment in the area of NanoBio Science.
Stage 1 - Core
Nanooptics and biophotonics PHYC40400
Physics of nanomaterials PHYC40410
Nano mechanics - from single molecules to single cells PHYC40430
Computational Biophysics and Nanoscale Simulations PHYC40470
Biophysics at the Nanoscale and Nanodevices PHYC40480
Advanced Atomic Force Microscopy for Bionanoscience PHYC40560
Physics Research Project 45PHYC40850
Ultrafast Soft X-ray Photonics PHYC40930
Bio-inspired technologies PHYC40940
Stage 1 Option
Creative Thinking & Innovation IA40310
- This programme is intended for applicants with a degree in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Material Science or a related discipline. An upper second class honours or international equivalent is required.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
- Students meeting the programme’s academic entry requirements but not the English language requirements, may enter the programme upon successful completion of UCD’s Pre-Sessional or International Pre-Master’s Pathway programmes. Please see the following link for further information http://www.ucd.ie/alc/programmes/pathways/
- These are the minimum entry requirements – additional criteria may be requested for some programmes
How to Apply?
The following entry routes are available:
MSc NanoBio Science FT (T149)
Duration 1 Years
Attend Full Time
* Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised.
1 Year Full-Time.
MSc NanoBio Science (T149) Full Time
EU: fee per year - €8750
nonEU: fee per year - €25600
***Fees are subject to change.
Tuition fee information is available on the UCD Fees website.
Next Intake: 2024/2025 September.
Post Course Info
Careers & Employability
The programme prepares you for industry or further research. Career opportunities include the pharmaceutical industry, telecommunications, diagnostic imaging, green technologies and sensor applications, both in Ireland and internationally. It is also a stepping stone to PhD research in the areas of nanoscience, biophotonics and nanotechnology.
Prospective employers include Abbott, Alcon, Allergan, Bausch & Lomb, Becton Dickinson, Boston Scientific, Eblana Photonics, Intel, Pfizer, Pharma-Bio Serv, Philips, and SensL.