Numeracy - Education - Sligo St. Angela's
The Numeracy module aims to provide a thorough understanding of the concept of numeracy. It will enable the participant to have an in-depth knowledge of assessment procedures with regard to numeracy, and to critically appraise appropriate teaching and learning numeracy strategies and approaches. In addition, it will enable the participant to critically appraise the implications of numeracy in the development of a broad and balanced curriculum, to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of adaptive reasoning and to critically reflect on factors which influence productive disposition with regard to numeracy. This is delivered using online components and face-to-face workshops.
Who’s Suited to This Programme
This module is suited to a wide range of participants from a variety of settings, including:
- Classroom teachers
- Graduates who wish to do a Postgraduate Diploma in Education and are awaiting a place on the programme
- Qualified teachers who are seeking full-time employment
- Employees within the Health Service Executive who work with learners with Special Educational Needs
- Principals, managers and Department Inspectorate
- Employees and Managers within Early Childhood Education sector
- Classroom assistants (including cuntóirí teanga)
- Educational Psychologists
- Learning Support Tutors
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Parents and Family Members involved in the care of learners with special educational needs
- Any others involved in the training or educational needs of learners with special educational needs
Level 8 Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
Closing Date: 8th December 2023.
Post Course Info
Participants may progress to Masters level on successful completion of three modules which must include the online blended learning module: Educational Research Methods. The exit award will be a Master of Arts in Professional Studies in Special Educational Needs.