Nurse Authority to Refer for Radiological Procedures - Micro-Credential
Description This micro-credential expands the nurses scope of practice to include radiological referral and allows them to practice at the top of their licence in meeting service needs. This will reduce patient waiting times for radiological referral and will improve service efficiency.
Through this micro-credential, nurses can be equipped with the necessary knowledge, skills, attitudes and competencies to refer persons for radiological and other imaging procedures safely and within the practitioner's scope of practice.
What do I need to be accepted onto this Micro-credential? – Entry requirements & Prerequisite documents
• Minimum of one year's professional registration with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and experience.
• Currently work in an area where nurse/midwife authority to refer for radiological procedures is supported.
• Honours degree in a relevant discipline (however, relevant experience will also be considered which must include- evidence of completion of Physical Health assessment module previously and/or of previous hospital/locally provided in-house education related to the practice of referring for radiological procedures accompanied by practice for minimum of 3 years).
• Satisfy the selection panel.
• CV & Transcript.
• NMBI Registration(copy).
• Site Declaration form and Site Audit form.
• Garda Vetting.
Closing Date: 31st March 2023