Nursing - Childrens Nursing
This course aims to develop and expand knowledge, skills and attitudes in nurses towards infants, children and their parents and family, as a unit in society. The course is designed to equip nurses to deliver primary health care, acute, rehabilitative and palliative care as required and to foster the process of continuing education and research in paediatric nursing practice. Students must be registered, or be eligible to register, in one of the three disciplines in nursing- general, psychiatry, intellectual disability nursing and 6 months post registration experience since initial registration is required. Students must have a Diploma in Nursing, or a TCD access to Nursing programme or a Degree in Nursing.
All applicants to the School of Nursing and Midwifery whose first language is not English or who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
• IELTS: Grade 6.5 overall with a minimum of grade of 6.5 in each category
• TOEFL: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based. The test taken here should be TOEFL IBT
• University of Cambridge:
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
• Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
• Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160, dated since January 2020
• An award certificate with a minimum II.1 overall score from Trinity's Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching's Pre-sessional Pathway Programme
Please also note that existing IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge and PET scores up to three years old (rather than two) will be accepted for 2020/21 applications in light of test centre closures.
Students will be required to undergo Garda Vetting, see https://www.tcd.ie/students/orientation/undergraduates/garda-vetting.php for further details.
Closing Date 31st July 2022
1 year full-time
Next Intake: September 2020