Nursing - Palliative Care
MSc Palliative Care
Graduate Taught (level 9 nfq, credits 90)
The MSc Palliative Care programme is an interdisciplinary programme designed to enhance your existing knowledge and skills in caring for patients with life limiting illness. Possessing this enhanced level of expertise will enable you to: become a valuable member of the multidisciplinary team providing palliative care and further enhance the care provided to patients in your current area of practice who have a range of complex symptoms that need impeccable assessment and management.
- Particular strengths of the programme include:
Strong working relationship between UCD School of Nursing, Midwifery & Health Systems and clinical partners in Our Lady's Hospice, Harold's Cross
- A long history of producing high quality graduates (over 200 to date) many of whom are now working in CNS/Clinical/Educational Facilitator and CNM roles
- Clinical and university-based lecturers (multidisciplinary teaching team) with national and international expertise from clinical, research and educational perspectives
- Modularised programme with some modules being taught using a blended approach
- Clinical Placements in a variety of palliative care settings which enable students to learn from leading experts in oncology
- Extensive use of IT in supporting the teaching environment of the programme
- Access to excellent facilities for lectures
- Flexibility to pursue the programme over a longer period of time
- Access to applicants who have not had the opportunity to pursue third level education before (RPL Recognition of Prior Learning)
This is a one (academic) year programme, broken down into two semesters. Assessments are varied (assignments and completion of a Dissertation).
You will complete two modules in total (additional 30 credits added to Grad Dip):
NMHS42660 Advanced Research Methods Applied to Healthcare (Semester 1)
NMHS43320 Dissertation (Semester 1 & 2)
Applicants must have completed the Graduate Diploma in Palliative Care or equivalent (NQAI Level 9)
How to apply?
The following entry routes are available:
MSc Palliative Care PT (X790)
Duration 1 Years
Attend Part Time
* Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised.
1 Year Part-Time.
MSc Palliative Care (X790) Part Time
EU fee per year - € 4610
nonEU fee per year - € 25600
***Fees are subject to change
Your programme fees are available at the links below. You can search by programme title, keyword or major code. Please note that fees published on the links below are inclusive of the student levy, which must be paid by all students.
Next Intake:2020/2021 September
Post Course Info
Careers & Employability
The Master of Science Palliative Care will enhance your research knowledge and skills in the context of palliative care.