Public Relations with Event Management, Online PR & Social Media and Arranged Work Experience
Fitzwilliam Institute's Postgraduate Diploma in Public Relations with Arranged Work Experience is Ireland's longest running and most successful public relations (PR) course. Our PR training program provides a dynamic, interactive, case-study based, workshop approach platform, to develop industry's best practice and skills. Empowered with Fitzwilliam Institute's practical skills approach model, you will attain hands-on skills from key public relations industry figures, enabling you to become a successful public relations professional.
As a student in Fitzwilliam Institute's postgraduate diploma in public relations program, you will prepare both a public relations portfolio and real life public relations briefs, covering all aspects of effective public relations. During Fitzwilliam Institute's training program, many of the most successful public relations professionals will work with you to hone your public relations skills and help you achieve success in your challenging and rewarding public relations career. A large percentage of the work experience placements are converted into full-time positions within the public relations industry.
Delivered Interactively by Ireland's top public relations professionals, Fitzwilliam Institute's Postgraduate Diploma in Public Relations course takes place in Dublin City Centre and features:
• 3 Months in-class training, with interactive modules covering all aspects of public relations: The Meaning And Development Of Public Relations, Ethical And Legal Issues, Strategic Process, Media Specialisations, Internal Public Relations, Crisis Management, Political Lobbying, Outreach, Tools and Techniques, Sponsorship and Community Relations, etc. In addition, in-depth Online PR and Event Management modules are included in this course.
• Practical skills training from leading public relations industry professionals. All of Fitzwilliam Institute's public relations trainers are top industry professionals with many years of successful public relations experience across a broad range of industries. Fitzwilliam Institute's cutting edge program in public relations contains all the core and vital public relations industry key skillset and, on completion, all of our students are industry-ready. This course also features a number of guest speakers from the public relations industry.
• Real-life public relations briefs. You will gain exposure to a broad range of public relations best practices and prepare several real life PR briefs, enabling you to develop your portfolio of public relations. Pitching to clients follows as you prepare, present and pitch your project briefs like public relations professionals. Fitzwilliam Institute's Postgraduate Diploma in PR is a unique course, which will provide you with a wealth of hands-on experience, an invaluable toolkit, and the chance to put them all into practice during your 3 months arranged work placement.
• CV preparation and interview techniques. A special feature of the Fitzwilliam Institute's course model is the time devoted to your personal development. Commencing with an initial personal interview with Fitzwilliam Institute's placement officer to assess, discuss and establish your future goals and aspirations within the public relations industry, vital intensive interview techniques, communications skills, team building skills workshops, interview to camera, video playback, and presentation skills continue from this, enabling you to hone your industry confidence. Careful preparation of your Curriculum Vitae, so that you have a clear and well-presented CV to submit to potential employers is a key part of this essential process.
• 3 months of arranged work experience with leading public relations companies and departments across industry. Fitzwilliam Institute's experienced and highly professional placement officer will work with you throughout the course to help you secure a 3 month full-time work placement within the public relations industry sector. This is 100% guaranteed and arranged by the Institute, as we work closely with some of Ireland's leading public relations companies and professionals from across the sector. A large percentage of our course participants secure full-time positions within the public relations industry sector upon completion of this course. As a result of over a decade providing practical training to the industry, a significant number of our graduates are senior figures in the public relations industry today.
Arranged Work Experience
Year on year, we successfully place our students into a 3-month organised work placement as part of their full-time Postgraduate Diploma. Over 95% of our participants end up in fulltime employment with their placement company, with many carving a long and rewarding career. A significant number of our past graduates are now senior figures in these industries today.
Criteria for eligibility must be met in full prior to commencing the programme. For successful enrollment on the Postgraduate Diploma course, the minimum entry requirement is a prior Degree level qualification.
Please see "Course Web Page" below.
6 months (3 months in class & 3 months arranged work experience)
Venue: The Capel Building, Mary's Abbey, Dublin 7 (The Capel Building is located in Dublin's City Centre on Mary's Abbey (Between the Jervis and Four Courts Luas stops).
€4,040. To secure your place on the course a deposit of 20% (€800) is required. The remainder of the course fee (€3,240) is due 30 days prior to the commencement of the course. All fees must be paid in full before the course begins. Please note, the full course fees are inclusive of all course materials and certification costs.
Please contact Fitzwilliam Institute for next available start date.