Quantitative Methods & Data Analysis for Healthcare
The Postgraduate Certificate in Quantitative Methods and Data Analysis for Healthcare is open to a wide range of professionals from a broad spectrum of healthcare related backgrounds
Students will be equipped with the relevant knowledge and tools to understand, appraise and critically analyse or conduct an analysis of healthcare or related data used in healthcare research. Students will learn to conduct and interpret basic statistical methods using freely available R software and also have a working knowledge of SPSS software. Upon successful completion of the course, graduates will have learned the basic principles and methods of healthcare specific statistics and epidemiology and will have developed and applied practical skills in statistical methods used in healthcare research. This will increase graduates' employability in healthcare related research and practice.
This course is offered on a one-year part-time basis. This postgraduate certificate is the equivalent of 30 ECTS and is composed of three mandatory modules. The course is delivered through blended learning, 2 modules are delivered totally online and the third is delivered face-to-face. Students are required to complete all three modules
Modules (ECTS are listed in brackets)
• Introduction to Healthcare Statistics (10 ECTS)
• Measuring and Reporting on Populating Health (10 ECTS)
• Healthcare Data Acquisition, Management and Analysis (10 ECTS)
1. Applicants will be required to hold a minimum 2.1 grade (Second class Honours) in a relevant primary degree in the applicant's field of practice
2. Applicants must be familiar with information technology in particular email and internet use and have access to computer facilities including email and internet.
Documentation required to complete the application
• One academic and one professional reference from an employer. Each reference should confirm the potential and suitability of the applicant to undertake the course
• Copies of academic transcripts from completed educational courses
• Copies of official awards (parchment) from completed educational courses
Students will be required to undergo Garda Vetting, see https://www.tcd.ie/students/orientation/undergraduates/garda-vetting.php for further details.
Closing Date: 31st July 2023
1 year part-time
Post Course Info
This course is designed to equip students with the relevant knowledge and tools to understand, appraise and critically analyse or conduct an analysis of healthcare or related data, increasing their employability in healthcare-related research and practice.