Recital Artist Diploma
If you are a musician of post-graduate standard, the RIAM’s Recital Artist Diploma is ideal for you. It will allow you to immerse yourself in a performance-based programme, without academic classes.
RIAM’s Recital Artist candidates are most often preparing for international competitions, important orchestral auditions or for Young Artist Programmes in opera houses. They wish to have training that focuses on developing advanced technique supported by an accomplished level of musical artistry.
The course runs from one to three years. This gives you the flexibility to decide how long you wish to undertake the course for, depending on your musical goals.
On successful completion of the Recital Artist Diploma, you should be able to perform demanding musical repertoire to a professional standard with technical assurance, confidence and a sense of individual artistry.
• 1 hour lesson per week with your principal study teacher
• Performance class, where you perform for your peers and RIAM staff, receiving constructive feedback
• Weekly rehearsals with an accompanist
• Chamber music coaching on major works from the repertoire
• Masterclasses with international visiting artists
• Participation for orchestral players in RIAM Podium, the Centre for Performing Ensembles
• Participation for opera singers in RIAM’s fully staged annual operas and vocal projects.
Application deadline: 20 December 2023
The course runs from one to three years.