Software Design & Development
3 GOOD REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
1. Transfer options: Students may transfer to the MSc in Software Design and Development (GYE03) subject to places being available. An interview and achievement of a minimum 2.1 result in the Higher Diploma is required.
2. It provides students with a solid foundation in ICT and thus prepares them for an exciting career across very diverse domains— entertainment, enterprise, communications, finance, education, etc.
3. The MSc in Computer Science in Data Analytics is open to graduates who achieve a H1 result in the Higher Diploma.
The programme's modules comprise:
• Software Engineering;
• Algorithms and Logical Methods;
• Object-Oriented Programming;
• Internet Programming;
• Computer Architecture and Operating Systems;
• Computer Communications;
• Software Design & Development Project.
Minimum Entry Requirements
This programme is open to applicants who have a Level 8, 2.2 degree (or equivalent international qualification) from a recognised university or third-level college.
English Language Proficiency: Overall, entry to the MSc requires a minimum IELTS score of 6.5, with no less than 6.5 in the writing ability category and no less than 6.0 in the other categories.
WHEN TO APPLY: University of Galway does not set a deadline for receipt of applications (with some exceptions). Offers will be issued on a continuous basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
1 year, full-time.
Post Course Info
Opportunities exist in various industries, ranging from web design, gaming and banking to telecommunications, health and the energy sector. Companies/organisations that have recruited graduates recently include Cisco, Galway; HP, Galway; and DCM Compliance, Limerick.