Software Design & Development
This one-year HDip is aimed at candidates with little or no information technology (IT) experience. It provides an academic foundation and broad technical training in software design and development. The skills developed in this programme include the core software development tools and techniques as well as a solid grounding in a specific information and communications technology (ICT) domain.
3 GOOD REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
1. Transfer options: students may transfer to the MSc in Software Design and Development (GYE03) subject to places being available. An interview and achievement of a minimum 2.1 result in the Higher Diploma is required.
2. It provides students with a solid foundation in ICT and thus prepares them for an exciting career across very diverse domains—entertainment, enterprise, communications, finance, education, etc.
3. The MSc in Computer Science in Data Analytics (GYE06) is open to graduates who achieve a H1 result in the Higher Diploma.
Minimum Entry Requirements
This programme is open to applicants who have a Level 8, 2.2 degree (or equivalent international qualification) from a recognised university or third-level college, and an IELTS score of 6.5 (or equivalent international qualification).
The programme's modules comprise:
• Software Engineering;
• Algorithms and Logical Methods;
• Object-Oriented Programming;
• Internet Programming;
• Computer Architecture and Operating Systems;
• Computer Communications;
• Software Design & Development Project.
1 year, full-time.