Specific Learning Difficulties 1 - Communication Speech & Language Difficulties & Dyslexia - Sligo St. Angela's
The Specific Learning Difficulties 1 module aims to develop an awareness of the theory relating to SLD in the area of communication, speech and language difficulties and dyslexia, and to become knowledgeable of appropriate assessment, teaching and learning pedagogies in the provision of inclusive education for learners with SLDs. The module is delivered using online components as well as face-to-face workshops.
Who’s Suited to This Programme
This module is suited to a wide range of participants from a variety of settings, including:
- Classroom teachers
- Graduates who wish to do a Postgraduate Diploma in Education and are awaiting a place on the programme
- Qualified teachers who are seeking full-time employment
- Employees within the Health Service Executive who work with learners with Special Educational Needs
- Principals, managers and Department Inspectorate
- Employees and Managers within Early Childhood Education sector
- Classroom assistants (including cuntóirí teanga)
- Educational Psychologists
- Learning Support Tutors
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Parents and Family Members involved in the care of learners with special educational needs
- Any others involved in the training or educational needs of learners with special educational needs
Level 8 Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
Closing Date: 12th June 2023.
Post Course Info
Participants may progress to Masters level on successful completion of three modules which must include the online blended learning module: Educational Research Methods. The exit award will be a Master of Arts in Professional Studies in Special Educational Needs.