Strategic Management & Marketing - Limerick
MBus in Strategic Management and Marketing
This Masters Degree is aimed at learners interested in acquiring a highly practical Level 9 qualification in the area of Strategic Business Management and Marketing. The programme builds students' strategic management skills through a combination of problem based learning (PBL), direct contact with industry, workshops and case studies.
The programme is structured to maximise students' practice-based learning and involves extensive student participation. To facilitate student activity, the programme employs a PBL philosophy; students are constantly challenged to apply learning and theory to real world situations and to devise appropriate solutions for problems presented to them; learners present project analysis and solutions to participating industry panels. The PBL approach offers a structure of investigation to follow while reminding students of the standards required to produce effective outcomes. The aim of the programme is to prepare students for the demands of management positions in a rapidly changing, knowledge- based economy while offering benefits in terms of research to participating companies.
What modules will I study?
• Business Research and Intelligence
• Financial Analysis for Management Decisions
• Marketing Communications Strategy
• Brand Management Practice
• Consumer Behaviour and Relationship Marketing
• Strategic Decision Making
What are the entry requirements?
For all Taught Masters Degree (Level 9) programmes, applicants must hold:
a. A minimum 2.2 honours bachelor degree (Level 8) in a cognate discipline
b. A minimum 2.2 honours bachelor degree (Level 8) in a non-cognate discipline with considerable experience and/or ability, evidenced by an RPL portfolio of prior experience and learning
c. Equivalent Qualifications. Applicants with equivalent qualifications on the European and International frameworks will also be considered.
An interview may form part of the selection process.
Applications open for 2023-2024
The programme commences in September each year subject to sufficient demand. Places will be offered throughout the academic year on receipt of an application form, so please apply as early as possible. Final closing date for applications, should places still be available, is mid-September in the year the candidate wishes to commence the programme.
Learners are assessed by means of individual and group assignments across all modules. In Year Two of the programme, learners will be required to complete a 20,000 word thesis, due by last working day of August (Thesis Writing up: 12 weeks approx. from June-Aug 2020).
€2,925 per annum.
How To Apply:
1. Apply Online (Please see "Application Weblink below).
2. Email: Download and complete the Application Form from the course page and email to email@example.com
3. By Post: Download and complete the Application Form from the course page and post to our Flexible Learning office in Moylish or Thurles.
4. In Person: Download and complete the Application Form from the course page and bring to our Flexible Learning office in Moylish or Thurles.
Start Date: The proposed commencement date is Wednesday 18th September 2019.
Post Course Info
What are the career prospects?
Potential job opportunities include:
• Marketing Manager
• Marketing Account Executive
• Account Manager
• HR Advisor
• Digital Media Marketing Manager