Strategic Project Programme Management
This unique professional diploma is designed for project managers who want to take their careers to the next level. Get the skill set to start strategically looking at your existing portfolio of projects, supporting the strategy of the organisation, and managing projects beyond the tactical level.
Your Strategic Step in Project Management
Strategic project management is a growing trend in the business world. While traditional project management takes a project from its starting point to its end, strategic project management looks at the big picture.
The median salary for Programme Managers in Ireland is €98,680 and €105,900 for Portfolio Managers. The stakes are higher than ever for project management professionals. Knowing how to set up a project plan or a tool-focused approach is no longer enough. However, the ability to respond quickly to change and act with strategic purpose requires a new set of competencies.
This part-time diploma offers a university-backed curriculum taught by 10 industry experts and three credentials to help you develop the ability to successfully manage multiple projects, translate strategy into action, and achieve a competitive market advantage. Take your career one step further and be identified as a practitioner with proven competency in strategic project management processes and practices.
Practical Case Studies
This course uses real-industry case studies as an effective way to help you apply your understanding of the topics learned to a real-world situation.
They are particularly useful to demonstrate how you can overcome complex situations where solutions are uncertain:
• Project Portfolio Management Implementation in the Pharmaceutical Industry
• A PMO Journey to Good Practice in the Financial Services Industry
What will I learn?
The course content reflects current global research, emerging trends, and leading practices. You will come away from this course with concrete techniques to immediately improve programme and portfolio management performance.
This course is perfect for...
• Strategic-minded professionals from a wide range of backgrounds who wish to apply project, programme and portfolio management principles and methodologies to their organisations.
• Professionals with at least 3 years of project experience, either as a team member or as a project manager.
• Business executives, managers, leaders, PMO staff and any other professional who directly contribute to projects regardless of their job title.
• Professionals working either in the private and the public sectors in any size of organisation.
• Project managers looking to advance their careers with professional certification.
These modules were designed to provide you with the concepts and techniques you need to use as a strategic framework to achieve the mission of the organisation.
• Developing Strategic Thinking Competence
• Organisational Project Management
• Project Management Mastery
• Developing a Project Management Office (PMO)
• Project Management Information Systems (PMIS)
• Project Portfolio Management Implementation
• Fundamentals of Programme Management
• Financial Basics for Project Managers
• Strategy Design vs Strategy Execution
• Benefits Realisation Management (BRM)
• Negotiation Strategies
• Governance for the Management of Projects
• Project Management Complexity
• Agile and Lean Management
• Programme Review
• A level 8 degree, or equivalent qualification from a recognised body.
• If you don’t have a third level qualification but have relevant professional work experience, you may be invited to interview (personal or telephone as appropriate) with the Course Director to assess your suitability
• Applications will be reviewed by the Institute’s Admissions Assessment Board. A CV will be required to check the eligibility.
Special Purpose Award Level 9, 15 ECTS on the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications).
15 or 9 weeks Online
Course options below:
9 weeks: 23 February - 19 April 2024, Friday 09:00 - 16:00
15 weeks: 27 February - 4 June 2024, Tuesday 18:30 - 21:30
15 weeks: 15 May - 14 August 2024, Wednesday 18:30 - 21:30
9 weeks: 13 June - 8 August 2024, Thursday 09:00 - 16:00
23 February 2024
27 February 2024
15 May 2024
13 June 2024