Strategy Development & Innovation
Knowledge gained, skills learned and links established on the programme will enhance career potential and directly benefit the organisations that participants work with. The programme provides participants with the insight and understanding needed to lead organisations in a complex global business environment.
The focus on Strategy, Development and Innovation provides the knowledge and skills required to reach the highest level, whether in a commercial or public sector context. It offers business managers and directors with a versatile, strategic toolkit to bring coherence and direction to the actions and decisions of the organisation.
Interested in learning more - check out these two articles 'Why Good Arguments Make Better Strategy' and 'A User's Guide to Open Strategy'.
Who is it For?
- Individuals with at least 5 years of managerial experience;
- Senior executives seeking to enhance their skills in contributing to strategy development and innovation;
- Managers involved in strategic planning, implementation or change management;
- Individual contributors who are tasked with managing the strategy process;
- Advisors and Management Consultants.
Participants develop their capabilities in making and executing effective strategic decisions and acquire deep insight into how to manage innovation and lead change.
Specifically, the programme will:
- Equip the participant with the tools to assess and address the strategic challenges that face their organisation;
- Provide learning strategies for turning resistance into co-operation and for extracting maximum benefit from new opportunities;
- Improve strategic decision-making capability in addition to the ability to re-think strategy in the light of new economic and business realities;
- Build up an in-depth understanding of the strategic decisions that individuals need to make to support and apply innovation.
This programme is delivered over a series of 6 two-day workshops within a 10–month period. Workshops are held on Fridays and Saturdays to minimise interference with busy work schedules. The programme structure is designed in order to facilitate busy work/lifestyles and to assist participants integrating study into their working lives while enhancing their contribution as a member of the management team.
MODULE 1: STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP – THE PERSONAL DIMENSION
MODULE 2: STRATEGY IN A TURBULENT ENVIRONMENT – THE NEW NORMAL
MODULE 3: MARKET POSITION AND COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
MODULE 4: BUSINESS MODEL INNOVATION
MODULE 5: LEADING INNOVATION AND CHANGE
MODULE 6: TOP MANAGEMENT TEAMS AND STRATEGIC DECISION MAKING
Participants should have at least 5 years management experience and hold a primary degree or equivalent professional qualification. Consideration will also be given to applicants who do not hold a primary degree but whose depth of industry/organisational experience, deems them suitable participants.
How To Apply?
To apply for this programme, please contact Annabelle Phelan who would be delighted to discuss the application procedure with you further.
Client Relationship Manager
t: +353 87 0985117
A completed application form, digital photograph and copy of transcripts for all university-level degrees (if applicable and excluding those taken at UCD) will be required. A telephone interview with the Programme Director may form part of the application process. The interview helps determine whether the programme is the most appropriate educational solution for the applicant.
9 months. Delivery: 6 X 2 day modules.
The diploma programme is demanding and participants should be free of other responsibilities on the days of the workshops. 100% attendance is required.
We would encourage you to check the module dates listed on the overview page to ensure your availability. If you do miss a module due to unexpected circumstances, there is no longer an option to take that module with another intake of the programme. You will be required to complete an additional assignment as well as the module assignment. Full details on the module assignment as well as the additional assignment will be shared with the participant.
Please see "Course Web Page" below for module dates.