Sustainable Development for Business
This shift in focus, when done strategically, can align a business closer to customers, investor demands, market trends and emerging regulatory requirements and create a competitive advantage in a sustainability conscious society. Designed to tackle the increasing need for sustainable business transformation, participants completing the programme will be equipped with the tools to create long-lasting change throughout their organisation. A key feature of the programme is a 10 ECTS into action learning module where participants design a sustainability project for their employer organisation, their business or for a project partner organisation where a "blueprint" for implementation is developed.
How this course can help:
This course will provide participants with the knowledge and tools to address these important challenges by becoming purpose-driven business leaders, understanding the wider socio-economic impact of their business, and the skills to develop smart strategies for implementing sustainable business. In addition, this course seeks to promote increased dialogue between leaders in business, government, academia, and NGOs to work towards a zero carbon economy and to deliver on the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals.
This programme is designed for:
• Mid-level and senior executives from across the private sector, public sector and third sector, who are looking to examine their organisations' impact on society as well as the environment, and gain a firm understanding of how they can drive competitive advantage through a sustainable business model;
• Experienced managers in diverse functions – including CSR and sustainability, legal and compliance, procurement, operations and external affairs;
• Recently promoted executives who are facing new leadership challenges in the area of sustainability
What does the course cover:
• The Sustainable Green Organisation (5 ECTS)
• Sustainability Measurement and Reporting (5 ECTS)
• A Practical Toolkit for Sustainable Business (5 ECTS)
• Purpose-Driven Systemic Change (5 ECTS)
• Sustainability in Action Project (10 ECTS)
For further information please visit: https://www.tcd.ie/business/executive-education/sustainable-development-for-business.php
The Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Development for Business course will be open to graduates with a degre(or equivalent) with a strong academic record in any discipline from a recognised third level institution. Applicants without a degree are welcome to apply provided they can show a proven managerial track record. All applicants are required to have a minimum of 3 years professional or managerial work experience.
All applicants should provide two references confirming their eligibility and suitability for the programme, which together with the applicant's academic performance during their undergraduate years and their CV will be used to select the most suitable candidates. Telephone interviews may be conducted to clarify applicants' motivation and interest in the programme.
Language requirements for students whose first language is not English are IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL IBT 90 for non-native English speakers.
In case of heavy competition for places or concern regarding a particular applicant's suitability, applicants may be interviewed or asked to submit a written sample for assessment.
Closing Date: 31st July 2023
1 Year Part-Time
Post Course Info
This course allows mid-level executives and above to examine their organisation's impact on society as well as the environment and gain a firm understanding of how they can impact real environment change from within their own organisations. This course is designed to tackle the increasing need for sustainable strategy in business by giving participants the tools to create long-lasting change throughout their organisations.