TESOL - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- develops the professional competences essential to work in leadership positions within the field
- enables participants critically investigate aspects of own classroom practice in a supportive and developmental environment
- introduces participants to a wide range of academic and professional networks within the field of TESOL
- See our website for more information here: https://www.ucd.ie/alc/programmes/graduate/
MA TESOL FT
Stage 1 - Core
The English Language for TESOL LANG40590
The English Teaching Context LANG40600
TESOL: Principles and Practices LANG40610
SLA + TESOL pedagogy LANG40630
Stage 1 - Option
The TESOL Research Process LANG40620
Teaching Practice, Observation & Feedback LANG40640
Applicants should hold an honours undergraduate degree (NFQ level 8) with a minimum second class honours or international equivalence.
Applicants should have a minimum of one years' relevant teaching experience in Ireland or overseas.
Applicants, whose first language is not English, should have an overall band of 7.0 in IELTS (with a 7.0 in listening and writing components).
How to apply?
The following entry routes are available:
Grad Dip TESOL FT (Z173)
Duration 1 Years
Attend Full Time
* Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised.
1 year full-time.
GradDip TESOL (Z173) Full Time
EU fee per year - € 5980
nonEU fee per year - € 13270
***Fees are subject to change
Tuition fee information is available on the UCD Fees website.
Next Intake: 2020/2021 September
Post Course Info
Careers & Employability
Graduates of the programme aim to apply for senior positions within TESOL – posts of responsibility such as Academic Directors, teacher trainers, materials designers, examiners, senior teachers, course designers and beyond. The international field of TESOL continues to expand and there are exciting opportunities for graduates with advanced qualifications.