3 GOOD REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
1. Critically engage with emergent and current trends influencing the field of education today.
2. Students will be introduced to Trados translation software, used in translation work in industry.
3. Beyond the honing of translation skills, students will develop a range of transferable skills through collaborative tasks and presentations at various stages of the course.
The programme includes such modules as:
• Advanced Language Skills I and II in Spanish/French/Italian/ German;
• Teanga na Gaeilge;
• Teanga, Coimhlint agus Cultúir, or Teoiricí Liteartha agus Cultúir;
• Translation Studies I;
• Translation Methodology;
• Language and Intercultural Communication.
This is an MA in the School of Languages, Literatures and Cultures; it can be tailored to suit your interests, see website for details.
Minimum entry requirements
Second Class Honours QQI Level 8 degree or equivalent, with Second Class Honours Grade 2 or equivalent in each language.
WHEN TO APPLY:
NUI Galway does not set a deadline for receipt of applications (with some exceptions). Offers will be issued on a continuous basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
1 year full-time.
Post Course Info
Graduates have gone on to pursue careers in a range of fields, including the civil service, teaching, translation and human resources.