Prepare for your career in one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
This exciting Level 8 Higher postgraduate Diploma is tailor made for graduates from non-computing disciplines and offers students a fantastic opportunity to up-skill and build a great career.
Why Study Web Development at Griffith College?
Designed specifically with the needs of industry in mind, the Higher Diploma in Science in Web Development at Griffith College is a 1-2 year programme, which aims to bridge the gap between non-computing disciplines and computing science. Delivered on a full and part-time basis, as a graduate of this course, you will:
- Obtain highly sought after skills essential for a career in computing and software development.
- Fantastic job prospects with a 100% employment record from a sample of 35 graduates from our class of 2017
- Obtain the necessary skills and academic requirements to further your studies with progression on to the MSc in Computing Science and an MSc in Applied Digital Media.
- Accessible to non-computing graduates
- Small class sizes
- Access to state of the art facilities
- A dedicated experienced lecturing team
- Industry guest speakers
Object Oriented Programming
Architecture and Operating Systems
Web Development and UI Design
Server-side Web Development
Society and the Web
Cloud Services and Platforms
Professional Certification in PHP
Candidates applying for this course should have a Level 8 Honours degree or above in any discipline or international equivalent and/or relevant work experience.
How To Apply
Applicants can Apply Online.
1 year full-time, 2 years part-time.
Post Course Info
Graduates of the Higher Diploma in Science in Web Development may progress onto a range of Level 9 programmes on the National Qualifications Framework. Further study options at Griffith College include an MSc in Computing Science (QQI) and an MSc in Applied Digital Media (QQI).
Graduates of the Higher Diploma in Science in Web Development will be highly sought after in this thriving industry. You will find opportunities in roles such as IT Manager, technical applications developers and consultants, systems analysts, database administrators, network managers and other leading computing science roles in academia, industry research and development roles.