SMBC Aviation Capital
Every year, we select a small number of high-flying graduates looking for opportunities in the fast-paced, global and dynamic business of aircraft leasing.
Our graduate programme aims to develop a talent base for the future. Our graduates are given real responsibility and direct involvement on major projects as well as the opportunity to work with transaction team members. As you learn about the different parts of our organisation, you will also develop important relationships and build career enhancing skills all of which will allow you to make a real and immediate impact on our business.
Leaders in our field
SMBC Aviation Capital is a leading global aircraft leasing company. Our principal activity is leasing and trading aircraft, with a clear focus on investing in the most modern, technologically advanced and fuel-efficient aircraft that are highly sought after by our airline and investor customers.
Every minute, one of our aircraft takes off or lands somewhere in the world. With the strength of our shareholders, we give our airline and investor customers access to an exceptionally broad range of financial solutions. We also provide investment and aircraft management services.
We are owned and supported by a consortium of leading Japanese institutions, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC), Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Company Limited (SMFL) and Sumitomo Corporation.
Over 200 professionals work at our headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, and at locations in China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, the Netherlands, Singapore and the United States.
Who are we looking for?
This programme is open to postgraduate students and final-year undergraduate students from all disciplines. Although your particular academic focus is not important, it would help to have an interest in financial markets and to share our enthusiasm for aviation.
Over 24 months you will gain a true insight into our business and benefit from varied learning and development opportunities - allowing you to become a fully rounded professional and a valuable asset to our organisation. We are looking for academically strong graduates, natural leaders who are also team players, proven self-starters with a determination to succeed and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
In addition to our standard 2 year programme, we also offer graduates the opportunity to specialise in the areas of Accountancy or Law. These 3 year programmes are delivered in partnership with ACCA and the Law Society giving you the opportunity to gain your professional qualification whilst working in the exciting world of aircraft leasing.
What can we offer you
- Career Development – supported by a world class e-learning platform
- Buddy and Mentor Support
- Learning and Development programme
- Competitive starting salary
- 24 annual leave days
- Active CSR, Sports and Social and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) committees
- For more information on our graduate programme visit our website
- 5th October - Applications open online at smbc.aero/careers/graduate
- 15th October - Online Open Evening – Register your interest HERE
- 8th November - Applications close
- November to January - If your application is successful, you will be invited to participate in some or all of the following: online assessments, telephone/video interviews, face to face interviews, assessment centres.
- February to March - Offers made to candidates
- September 2021 - Graduate Programme begins
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!