About Cardiff Metropolitan University
- The Cardiff School of Art & Design offers programmes in the areas of Ceramics, Fine Art, Product Design and Communications.
- The Cardiff School of Education covers the areas of Education & Teacher Training, including PGCE Primary and Secondary as well as professional practice and leadership programmes. Programmes in English and Creative Writing are also available
- The Cardiff School of Health Sciences can offer programmes in the areas of Applied Public Health; Biomedical Science; Food Nutrition & Dietetics; Occupational Health & Safety; Psychology; Podiatric Studies; Health & Social Sciences.
- The Cardiff School of Management can offer programmes in Accounting and Finance, Business & Management (inc. Executive and standard MBA); Computing & Information Systems, as well as Hospitality, Tourism & Events Management.
- The Cardiff School of Sport offers a wide range of programmes in Sport, Inc. Coaching Science, Sport Psychology and Performance Analysis.
Entry requirements and how to apply
Entry requirements will vary across the programmes available. Please visit the postgraduate section on our website for a full list of programmes and entry criteria. Please also visit the how to apply section for further information regarding how to apply. International Students are expected to have an acceptable TOEFL or IELTS score. Please visit the international section on our website for further information.
The university provides full-time and part-time opportunities to undertake research leading to the awards of Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). It also offers the opportunity to study part-time for a Professional Doctorate by conducting research in a professional context. The current portfolio of Professional Doctorates being offered at the university is as follows:
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Doctor of Ecological Building Practice (DeBP)
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Doctor in Health Professional Practice (DHealth)
- Doctor in Health and Social Care (DHealth)
- Doctor of Information Systems (DInfoSys)
- Doctor of Sport in Sport Leadership and Management (SportD)
- Doctor of Tourism (DTourism)
- Master of Professional Practice in Business Administration (MProfPrac BA)
- Master of Professional Practice in Ecological Building Practice (MProfPrac eBP)
- Master of Professional Practice in Education (MProfPrac Ed)
- Master of Professional Practice in Health & Social Care (MProfPrac Health)
- Master of Professional Practice in Health Professional Practice (MProfPrac Health)
- Master of Professional Practice in Information Systems (MProfPrac InfoSys)
- Master of Professional Practice in Sport Management & Leadership (MProfPrac Sport)
- Master of Professional Practice in Tourism (MProfPrac Tourism)
We are home to a number of centres of excellence, which undertake research and consultancy work. These include the National Centre for Product Design and Development Research (PDR), the Wales Food Industry Centre, the Welsh Centre for Tourism Research, the Wales Applied Health Research Unit and the Centre for Performance Analysis.
Results of the latest (2008) Research Assessment Exercise recognised our success in supporting the development of world class and internationally leading research.
Our courses are currently closed
Follow us to be notified as soon as we post new courses.
Cardiff Metropolitan University