Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Key programme benefits to future students
How to engage with patients and stakeholders.
Opportunities for further education at the PhD level.
Graduates are equipped with skills for applying machine learning techniques to a large variety of application areas: text analytics and natural language processing, machine vision, games, smart manufacturing, predictive maintenance, motion and planning, business analytics, finance and many others.
• Introduction to Data Engineering and Machine Learning
• Evolutionary Computation and Humanoid Robotics
• Text Analytics and Natural Language Processing
• Artificial Intelligence for Games Machine Vision
Optional Modules (choose two)
Information Society | Realtime Audio & Video | Physical Computing | Digital Modelling and Animation | Virtual and Augmented Reality Design
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Deep Reinforcement Learning
• Probabilistic and Explainable AI
• Theory and Practice of Advanced AI Ecosystems
• Research Methods and Project Specification
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Project
Applicants for must have a first or second class Level 8 honours degree (NFQ or other internationally recognised equivalents) in a relevant or appropriate subject (Computer Science, Computer Engineering programmes, or level 8 Science programmes that have sufficient mathematical and programming skills), or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable
A copy of your birth certificate/passport
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
Preparing your Application:
1. Research your programme: Each postgraduate programme at University of Limerick is unique. Explore your course content, duration, fees, and entry requirements on ul.ie.
2. Check Eligibility: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the course you are interested in. This usually includes your undergraduate degree award, subject specialities, English language proficiency (for non-native speakers), and any specific requirements for the course.
3. Prepare Documents: Gather all the necessary documents. This typically includes your academic transcripts, CV, personal statement, and references. If English is not your first language, you’ll also need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency.
4. Online Application: Once you are ready to apply, visit your postgraduate programme page on ul.ie/gps and use the Apply Now button to access UL’s online application system. You will need to create an account if you are a new user.
5. Complete the Application: Fill in the application form with all the required details. This will include personal information and academic history.
6. Upload Documents: Upload all the necessary documents that you prepared earlier. Make sure they are clear and legible.
7. Submit Application: Review your application thoroughly to ensure all information is correct and then submit your application. The application fee for your postgraduate application is €50. This includes an option to choose a second choice.
8. Track Your Application: After submission, you can track the status of your application through the online application system.
9. Interview: Depending on the programme, you may be invited for an interview. This could be in person or online.
10. Acceptance: If your application is successful, you will receive an offer email from the university. You will need to accept this offer to secure your place.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and places offered to successful candidates. This means that it’s a good idea to apply as early as possible to increase your chances of securing a place.
Please note that these steps are a general guide and the exact process may vary depending on the specific programme and your individual circumstances. Always check the University of Limerick website or contact the postgraduate admissions department for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
1 year full-time, on-campus.
Post Course Info
This course prepares students for industry careers in data analytics, data science, machine learning and AI. It also aims to give the students the theoretical knowledge to potentially become high profile PhD candidates and who can carry out high profile research in AI.