What is the programme about?
This programme provides students with an advanced knowledge of the principles of marketing. The modules have been designed to equip successful graduates with the up-to-date skills and competencies to enable them to:
• Pursue a career in any marketing oriented environment, in a large multinational corporation or a smallto- medium sized business in Ireland and abroad;
• Participate in and manage cross-functional teams with an appreciation and understanding of relationship management, changing consumer behaviour and communication across any organisation;
• Identify, analyse and propose innovative solutions to key marketing issues;
• Use and develop their critical analytical skills , providing a competitive edge in a rapidly changing marketing sector;
• Develop, contribute to and lead out marketing strategies and campaigns for new product innovation;
• Apply and develop their digital marketing skills to real world practise.
• Applicants from a non-business discipline require an NFQ Level 8 Award or equivalent, for entry to this programme.
• Applicants from a business discipline require an NTQ Level 7 Award or equivalent, for entry to this programme.
• Other applicants will be considered on an individual basis in accordance with the Institute policy on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
What subjects will I study?
New Product Innovation
Consumer Psychology & Insights
Market Research Theory & Practice
Integrated Marketing Communications
Digital Marketing Communications
CWB14 Higher Diploma in Business Marketing CARLOW Full-time NFQ Level 8 Credits 60
Carlow - 1 year full-time
CWB14 Higher Diploma in Business Marketing CARLOW Full-time €3,000
Programme Fees for Non-EU Students
Higher Diploma Programme Fee – €10,250
Post Course Info
What will I be able to do when I finish this programme?
Marketing is a fundamental element of all organisations and as a result, this programme will help prepare you for job opportunities across all industry sectors - private, public and voluntary.
Depending on your undergraduate degree, some examples of potential roles include:
• New Business Development, Client Manager, Customer Service Manager, Customer Insights;
• New Product Development Manager/ Technologist;
• Brand Executive, Product Executive, Trade Marketing Executive;
• Compliance Manager, Business Analyst, Business solutions consultant;
• Sales and Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Technical Sales Manager.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
This qualification will allow the participant to apply for the MBA, MB or MSc in Digital Marketing, depending on his/her business experience and continue to develop and extend his/her skills base and knowledge at Level 9.