About SETU - Carlow Campus
Institute of Technology Carlow has a range of high quality programmes that offer suitably qualified primary degree holders (NFQ level 8) exciting opportunities to progress to higher awards (Higher Diploma, Masters and Doctoral degrees). These opportunities may be undertaken by research and thesis, or through taught programmes. Programmes are available in fulltime and/or part-time modes across our three main campuses in Carlow, Wexford and Wicklow.
- Entry to Higher Diplomas (NFQ Level 8-60 credits) and Postgraduate Diplomas (NFQ Level 9-60 credits) usually requires an Honours Bachelor Degree. In certain circumstances, entry to such programmes may be considered for holders of Ordinary Bachelor Degrees or equivalent.
- Entry to Masters Degree (NFQ Level 9- usually 90 credits) Taught and Research usually requires an Honours Bachelor Degree. In certain circumstances, entry to such programmes may be considered for holders of Ordinary Bachelor Degrees or equivalent.
- PhD or Doctoral Degree (NFQ Level 10) All courses have their own entry requirements, please refer to the relevant course page on the Institute website( embed link here) for the detailed requirements.
Taught Postgraduate Programmes:
Institute of Technology Carlow offers taught postgraduate programmes in the areas of;
- Business, Digital Marketing & Design
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Computing & Data Science
For full lists of available postgraduate programmes, visit www.itcarlow.ie/postgraduate
IT Carlow offers research supervision across a range of disciplines. Research groups are organised in specific CORE (Centres of Research and Enterprise) covering the areas of:
- Environmental Science
- Gaming and Computing
- Social Policy and Humanities
Research Degree programmes are typically of two years duration (Masters) or four years (PhD). For a research award the learner will undertake a substantial piece of research under the guidance of an experienced supervisor. Individuals interested in pursuing a higher degree by research should contact the Head of Postgraduate Studies directly ( email@example.com )
Applicants for taught programmes should apply via the PAC system.
Current Research Vacancies
To see some of our current Postgraduate Research Vacancies, click here
How to Apply:
- Research & choose your programme at Institute of Technology Carlow
- Register online at www.pac.ie/itcw
- Check all the programme information including entry requirements, programme code and closing dates where applicable, take time to read Institute of Technology Carlow's FAQs and application instructions .
- Apply online at www.pac.ie/itcw, pay application fee of €50. It is important to take note of your PAC application number
- Login using your username and password to the My Account section of PAC to view the status of your application.
Queries may be referred to Institute of Technology Carlow at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on individual programme fees, visit www.itcarlow.ie/postgraduate