Business - Tourism Marketing
What is the programme about?
This is a one-year Higher Diploma designed for those who would like to change career, or who may already be employed in the tourism industry. As the economy continues to recover, more graduates will be required to work in the tourism sector. This programme addresses the need for graduates with knowledge in the area of culture, tourism operations, marketing (including e-marketing) and general business.
What subject areas will I study?
Marketing and Brand Communications
Online Marketing Strategy and Practice
Management and Financial Planning
Work Based Research Project
Strategic Tourism Marketing
Applicants require an NFQ Level 7 or 8 Major Award in business or a level 8 Major Award in a non-business area for entry to this programme. Other applicants will be considered on an individual basis in accordance with the Institute policy on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). IT Carlow reserve the right to require applicants to attend for interview to determine their suitability for the programme.
CWL24 Higher Diploma in Business in Tourism Marketing CARLOW Part-time NFQ Level 8 Credits 60
CWX13 Higher Diploma in Business in Tourism Marketing WEXFORD Part-time NFQ Level 8 Credits 60
CWW12 Higher Diploma in Business in Tourism Marketing WICKLOW Part-time NFQ Level 8 Credits 60
Carlow - 1 year part-time
Wexford - 1 year part-time
Wicklow - 1 year part-time
CWL24 Higher Diploma in Business in Tourism Marketing CARLOW Part-time €2,500
CWX13 Higher Diploma in Business in Tourism Marketing WEXFORD Part-time €2,500
CWW12 Higher Diploma in Business in Tourism Marketing WICKLOW Part-time €2,500
Programme Fees for Non-EU Students
Higher Diploma Programme Fee – €10,250
Post Course Info
What will I be able to do when I finish the programme?
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge, skills and competencies in strategic planning and sustainable development of tourism management (business and services) in the context of location, resources and markets.
• Analyse frameworks to provide both theory and practical tools of information in Business and Tourism Marketing.
• Understand the linkage between competitive dynamics, macro and micro economics and the economic benefit to the tourism industry.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
This programme will give graduates the basis and maturity to proceed to the Master of Business or, the MSc in Digital Marketing taught part-time programmes, depending on their general business experience.
Potential employment opportunities
• Travel Agent
• Customer Service Assistant/Manager
• Supervisor/Team manager
• Tour Manager
• Tourist Guide
• Tourist Information Centre Assistant
• Other tourism related commercial operations.