The Doctorate in Clinical Psychology is primarily based on the principles of life-span developmental psychology as applied in the clinical setting
• Child & Adolescent Clinical Psychology
• Research Methods
• Personal Development
• Child & Adolescent Clinical Placements
• Qualitative and Quantitative Research Projects
• Adult Clinical Psychology
• Working with Older Adults
• Clinical Neuropsychology
• Personal Development
• Adult Mental Health Clinical Placement
• Intellectual Disability Theory
• Intellectual Disability Clinical Placement
• Doctoral Research Dissertation
• Specialist/Elective Placement
Applicants must, at the time of application, hold a primary honours degree with an award of 2H1 in Psychology or postgraduate diploma in Psychology (as recognised by the Psychological Society of Ireland, (PSI)as conferring eligibility for graduate membership of the Society., Applicants who have a 2.2 Degree in Psychology and a recognised postgraduate qualification in Psychology at Masters level or higher may be considered for interview. Applicants with a primary degree from outside Ireland or the UK must supply proof of recognition of their degree by the PSI at the time of their application. The degree must be at least at upper second-class honours level. Applicants who have a 2.2 Degree in Psychology (National Qualifications Authority of Ireland)and a recognised postgraduate qualification in Psychology at Masters level or higher may be considered for interview. Practical and/or research experience relevant to clinical psychology is also required. A joint selection process between the University of Limerick and NUI Galway will take place and will be on the basis of competitive short-listing and interview of applicants. Whilst this will be a joint selection process, applicants must apply separately to each course for which they wish to be considered. Interviews will likely take place in mid April 2022
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
What to include with your Application
Qualification transcripts and certificates
A copy of your birth certificate/passport
A passport sized photo
2 References - 1 Clinical (work related) Clincial Experience Reference Template and 1 Academic - Academic Reference Template
Please submit directly to email@example.com no later than the closing date of 7th January 2022).
Summary CV - maximum of 2 pages
Completed Work Experience form
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
3 Years Full-Time.