Cloud Architecture - Waterford
You will learn how to design and deploy secure and robust cloud computing infrastructure and applications. Lab exercises will guide you through the set-up of a wide variety of components and services on the AWS global infrastructure. In these exercises you will be exposed to such topics as performance, availability, security, monitoring and maintenance, fault tolerance, cost effectiveness, automation, messaging and notifications, database management, microservices, load balancing, event-driven scaling, and geographic considerations.
SETU Waterford is a member institution of AWS Academy and this module is based on high-quality authorised AWS curriculum material. On completion of this module, students are actively encouraged and supported to take the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam
• Introduction: What is Cloud Computing?; leveraging cloud computing; cloud economics
• Cloud Infrastructure: Compute; Storage; Networking
• Scalability: Event-driven scaling; Load Balancing; Monitoring
• Cloud storage and databases SQL and NoSQL options; short and long term storage; performance, reliability, availabilty and cost
• Design for Highly Available, robust application deployment Account configuration; network configuration; security; application routing and geographic considerations
• Cloud Security Identity and Access Management; logging & monitoring; securing & encrypting data; authentication; key
management; attack mitigation
• Serverless Architectures
• Cloud Architecture best practices Design principles; reliability; performance; cost optimisation; automation
3 months blended/online.